Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August 29, 2011 Letter

Dear most fantastic, wondersome, loveliest, fantabulousest, creativest, smartest, patientest, perfect Mother in the world!
Well Hi mom!!! I have news.....
My Baptism did go through!!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!! Boyman is amazing and now he is officially a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. His baptism was a bit of an ordeal. We realized that the Stake Center didn't have any clothes, so we had to go to the other building to find some, but first we had to get the keys from our Ward Mission Leader, then run to the church builiding, realize the door isn't even locked and therefore we didn't need the keys (curse the fact that we wasted time!), run back to the stake center, get Boyman ready, and then take pictures which I am sending you today! I am so thrilled! His baptism was great and you could really feel the spirit. His parents were there and they were really happy for him. I wonder if they will learn now? Then his confirmation...man Satan, he just loves to make things crazy! Boyman was a little bit late to church and when the man stood up to announce that we were confirming him, he wasn't there! So you hear from the crowd, "He's not here!" Then the guy says, "Oh, well I guess we aren't doing that now, we are doing it later...we will now procede with the Sacrament." I then had to text Boyman to make sure he wasn't dead or unsure of the time! I didn't want to freak him out and I didn't know what to say, so I sent him a text saying, "Hey boyman, how are you?" He replied "Oh I'm good, just running late today!" He totally knew what we were after. He made it in time though and we did get him confirmed! It was amazing! Afterwards I was talking to him and he was saying that he could never deny this church was true! He said when they were confirming him he could just instantly feel it! He said it's a feeling he has never felt before in his life and a feeling he could never deny! He is awesome! I am so excited for him. It was basically the best weekend ever.

Bad news... President called me Friday night. I answered the phone very hesitantly. You never want President to call you during board week--it's a bad sign. Our conversation went like this: "Hi, this is Sister Bailey." "Hello Sister Bailey this is president Sagers." "Hi President....How are you?" " 'm good Sister Bailey." "Good to hear President" *cue Strong desire to hang up right then* "Well Sister Bailey are you willing to do whatever the Lord asks you?" I replied, "Of course President Sagers, you ask me that every interview." "Yes I do Sister Bailey. Now Sister Bailey, the Lord has called you to train this transfer, can you do that?" "UMM....*insert a weight on shoulders and deep fear in heart* Of course President Sagers, I will try my hardest!" "Sister Bailey, there is no trying in this. You always remember your trainer and the things she taught you." "Yes President, I sure do." "Well then Sister Bailey, you're going to have to do it and do it well." "I will President." *cue shaking in the voice.* "Then have a good night." "Thanks. You too President." *hang up phone, long sigh, hang head, doubts fly* So some of that phone conversation may have been slightly different. That is all I can remember. All I know is I am terrified!! What if I completely screw this girl up! We always talk about our trainers. What if she hates me? I don't want to be awful. I feel so unready and so not trainerish. I wanted to be a Junior Companion this next transfer! I honestly don't know what or how to do it. All I know is I am going to work hard and be obedient and hope for the best! I never thought it would be this stressful. I thought people were crazy when they said they were freaked out. I remember when Sister Terry told me she was freaked out when she found out she was training and I was like, "why?" Now I know. It's like this huge weight placed on your shoulders! I am a little stressed too with everything I need to get done beforehand as well. Maybe I am just crazy. It's entirely possible.

Other than that the week is good. I get to meet my new companion on Wednesday. That will be crazy. I am stressed...have I told you that?

I can't think of anything else too crazy to tell you! That's about it. We had a good week. We worked hard and we saw miracles. I loved it. I love miracles. We weren't able to see girlie this week but we did contact her with the phone. I am worried about that. She said she got another job so she is really busy. I am really praying that she won't disappear. She was doing so good!

I am glad to hear that Tosha and everyone was ok. I heard there was an earthquake and a hurricane; it made me worry! I hope the water doesn't take them away like Anna says. She is so funny! She is such an overexaggerator! Just like her mom :) Love you Tosh!
I am glad that everyone else is doing well! I want to see pictures of cute Lauren in her cheer uniform! I bet she is adorable! I will keep Grandma Edith in my prayers. That is awful! I hope that everything works out ok. She is so amazing! I can't imagine anything getting her down! That is so cool McKall is going to DC for an internship. That sounds amazing. I am a little jealous.
Well mom, I love you lots and lots. I think you are amazing! And happy anniversary!!! I am so glad you and dad got married 27 years ago~! Man what a long time! I am lucky to have such amazing parents. Good thing you found eachother. I love you lots and lots!
Loves hugs and kisses,
love. Sister Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment