Friday, September 9, 2011

September 6, 2011 letter

Dear most fabulous, amazing, pretty, smartest, most spiritual, patient, wonderfullest mother in the whole big wide ginormus world--scratch that, universe!
Wow, it sounds like you had a pretty great week. I won't lie, I was a little bit bitter about you and Dad being out of town. That was lame. It was one of the weeks I really wanted to talk to Dad and where is he....propelling down cliffs! Lame sauce! But I am glad that you had fun and that you were both safe. Good thing Dave didn't drag you all the way up that big cliff! It was smart of you not to go. I wouldn't have either. That would have been terrifying! You are a smart lady mom! I cant believe you caught 6 fish! Man that is enough to feed our family...if Dave and McKay don't eat! You are truly amazing mother. I am so glad I have you!

Well it has been a good week. My new companion's name is Sister Mortensen. She is half black...yeah, I have a black daughter. She asked me if I was happy to have a black daughter this morning...I laughed and said yes, she is so lame! But I love her. She makes me laugh so much! Man she is funny. We have a lot of fun together. She is pretty easy-going and we can both just be ourselves around each other--it's so nice. It has been so nice to get away from the tension for a bit. The tension was kinda mounting last transfer between S. Brewer and S. Watts. Wheew...but they were great and we did have fun! But so far this transfer I feel so good. Like a missionary should. S. Mortensen has so many good ideas and she is so excited. We walked around all day last Friday and Saturday. It felt good! Oh funny story so...When people ask S. Mortensen how long she has been out she likes to make them guess. Some have guessed over a year but the average seems to be about 6 months. She always laughs and says, "More like 4 days!" But one time she had someone guess and they said, "Your new, I can tell you are all happy and excited. You haven't had the world beat you down yet." They all laughed and I was like, huh I want to get in on this! So I asked how long they thought I had been out she said, "You're old. You look tired and worn." MEAN HUH?!?! We all laughed though. It was pretty funny. I don't think I look old. I am still a spring chick! It was funny though.
Sister Mortensen's first night was a little sad. She lost her family pictures, her journal, and another notebook. Plus, I am sure she was so nervous and homesick and just scared. She was so sad and I could tell she was crying, but I had no idea what to say or do. All I could do was pray for her. I felt awful because I totally remember how that is. It stinks. But she has been good since and she did find her notebook and pictures! So that is good. I think she is an amazing missionary though. I really do learn a lot from her. I am so grateful. I thought I was going to get a missionary who would never talk and was so scared and shy and I was going to have to do all the talking. That would have been bad. But she is so brave. She talks and does so great! Tracting is not her favorite, but she does it! She is getting good at it. It's fun afterwards. She's always like, "Man I need to do this better. I need to change this." She self corrects. I need to learn to be better at that and then she works on doing it. I am lucky to have her.

For JaRelle: She is from Pleasant Grove Utah! Yay for Utah!! She played volleyball in High School and college. She loves it a lot! She graduated from Eastern Washington in Social Work. Is that good? She is one of six. All of her brother and sisters are adopted. She sounds like she has a neat family. And she is just pretty dang awesome!

We are working on getting some new investigators! Tonight we have an appointment with a referral named....umm...gracious...yeah that one...ok, well we got a media referral for Gracious for a DVD and Book or Mormon. We went to drop it off and she opened the door and graciously invited us in (get where I got her name from? Clever yeah?) We talked to her for a second and she is actually married to a member and has a brother-in-law serving a mission! She is so getting baptized!!!! We set a return appointment for tonight. We are way excited! It is going to be so good!

We had the singles drop another golden investigator in our lap on Sunday. His name is JW (pronounced Jdub). He used to be a Jehovah's Witness, but he hasn't practiced in a while. He came to church with someone on Sunday, talked to us, and set up an appointment for Saturday. He was pretty excited. The member told us he liked church and they had a good conversation on the way home. That is pretty sweet. We are excited for him. Oh the joys of finding people to teach!

Umm other than that I can't think of anything too crazy. Life is good in the mission field!
I hope that everything keeps going good for everyone. No worries, you are in my prayers..alot! Send me a picture of cute Lauren in her cheer uniform. I want to see it! And lots of cute pictures of everyone. I love showing y'all off.

I love you so much mom! You are amazing! The best mother ever. I dont know what I did to get you, but I am sure glad I did it! I love you and dad both. I really do believe I have the best parents in the world! God really blessed me with my family!

I love, love, love you!!
loves loves kisses hugs,
love. Sister Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment