Monday, August 22, 2011

August 22, 2011 Letter

Dear Most Fantastic, awe inspiring, splendidist, smashingist Mother ever,

Well, this week has been great. My dream has been to see someone change becuase they feel it and desire to do it even before we say anything about it, and guess what? I have seen it! First with our girl investigator...I will call her girlie...On girlie's old teaching record it said she didn't want to take out her piercings and that was part of the reason that she dropped them. We decided we wouldn't worry about it because she needed a testimony first. Also, when we met her, her eyes were dark, she didn't smile much, and she said her brain never stopped--she never felt peace. Well this week we went to teach her on Wednesday, and she didn't have any of her piercings in...I thought hmmm.....maybe its just a fluke. We had this great lesson! It was amazing and the next time we met her, she didn't have them in again. She seemed so much happier; she kept smiling and she said she had been praying and that it was going really well! It has been amazing to see her change. I can't even tell you. I feel like I am doing it so much injustice right now! But it's amazing! She set a baptism date for Sept. 19. She said that is her birthday and she can't think of a better present she could get. She prayed about it and everything. Isn't that awesome! I am so excited about it. She is amazing!

The other one is our boy investigator....boyman....Well, we taught Boyman for the first time on Thursday, and he was amazing! Everything he said was perfect! I really think he might already be a member and this is just one big practicle joke...hmm....He told us he had been reading the Book of Mormon and was praying beforehand so he could understand it. He loves Nephi! He was actually quoting the scriptures to us in our lesson! He told us that all week he had been looking forward to our meeting! He wanted to just fall asleep and wake up on Thursday! We invited him to be baptized and he said yes...so we invited him to be baptized this Saturday, the whatever the date is this Saturday....and he said...YES!!! So guess what...yep thats right, Sister Bailey gets to see her very first ever baptism this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know it's going to be epic. I swear, President is going to call this week and ET me on friday so I won't be able to see it...that is totally my luck. But I am being positive about it and having faith that I will actually see one baptism. I am so happy! We met with Boyman again on Saturday and he was still so good, but he seemed a little different. At the end I said to him, "Are you tired boyman?" And he said, "Yeah a little, I stopped drinking caffeine on Wednesday, but each day is getting a little better." We were like, "Uhhh what? Why?" And he said because we aren't supposed to! We haven't even taught him the Word of Wisdom yet!!! Well we have now; we taught it yesterday, but at the time we hadn't! It was amazing!! He was telling us how we need to be different because we should be following the example of Jesus Christ and how we are a different people. We just sit there with our jaws hanging open. He is amazing. So we are dunking him on Saturday. I am so so excited! Man...it's awesome!

Well, other than that, nothing too great over here. We are just working hard and trying not to die in the heat.
We had zone conference this week. It was so amazing! I got to see Sister Quiroz! That was so fun! Man I miss her! President is so funny! He gets going on things and just makes me laugh. I honestly think he is amazing! I am so grateful to have him as my mission Presidnet. He was talking to all of us and he said something to the effect of, "I hope we are building a lasting relationship here, especially if you become wealthy and buy a cruise ship...can you tell I really want to go on a cruise? If you do get one, we should have our reunions on it!" He brought up the cruise ship like three times. It was really funny. Then he told us Sisters that when we get married, we should make sure we look nice when our husband leaves so he has something to look forward to when he comes home. I was like, "I don't know about that." We all laughed and agreed our husbands will just be lucky to have us!

He is a funny President. He talked about Priesthood and the example of Jesus Christ. It was really good. I love learning about the Priesthood. It blesses my life in so many ways. How lucky are we to have the priesthood in our church! It's amazing! We are so blessed.

I was talking to an Elder who has this amazing conversion story. It really is amazing and as we were talking, he asked me about me...so I told him my lame story and I realized I am a blessed brat. I told him that, and he laughed and said, "Please explain." I just realized I have everything I could ever want and/or need. I have just had it all from the time I was born. How lucky am I?! I can't believe I am so blessed. Just a random story for you there...

Well I can't believe school is back in! That is crazy, didn't summer just start?! I am so happy because we only have 9 more days of August!! Praise be the Heavens, I have almost survived a Texas August...now I just need to get through September!
I am so glad that everyone is doing so well. It is so good to hear. It makes me so happy. I hope that everyone has the best first week of school ever! I bet Lauren is going to have the boys lining up for her! I am glad her first game went well. I thought about her Friday night! She is so darn cute!

I want to see pictures of adorable Tyson! Man he is just the cutest ever!
I am truly a very lucky person! I love you all so much and I am so grateful that we have an eternal family! How lucky are we?
I love you more than anything mom; you are amazing!

Loves, loves, hugs, and kisses,
love. Sister Bailey

P.S. thanks for the addresses! You are wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment