Thursday, August 18, 2011

August 15, 2011 Letter

Dear Most Wonderful, Fantastic, Splendiferous, Hard-Working, Gifted, Perfect Mother Ever!
Well, we had a great week! Things with my companions are good. The crazy thing is, somehow things got twisted. For the first week there was tension between me and Sister Brewer and Sister Watts was the middle person...now I have become the middle person! I don't know how this happened. How did I become the person that gets along with everyone?! Here I thought I would have all these issues with Sister Brewer and I am actually the one holding us all together! Well...it was getting exhausting. So finally on Thursday, I sat us down and made us evaluate our companionship. We laughed, we cried....just kidding, we didn't really, but we did set a goal..."work on our communication." We even set ways to accomplish our goals. I had such high hopes for us! Then it didn't work...so Sunday night rolls around and we sit down to plan and I decided it was time for the talk. So I forced everyone into sharing their feelings! It was great! I think that it has helped. Sister Brewer and Sister Watts actually talked. So that is good! Usually they just sit silently and talk when needed. I feel like this is a lot like how Sister Watts first letter home to her family was like. Hmmm...odd....funny how the tables have turned. Oh well things are getting better!

Well as for exciting things...I am taking an excerpt from my letter to dad:

Well this week we had 3 investigators just fall into our laps! It is pretty exciting! One of them really wants to get baptized. So we are excited about that. They are all singles. One of them is a former investigator who we just stopped by. She was taught 5-6 years ago and had a baptismal date. She said she is excited to learn again and....SHE CAME TO CHURCH YESTERDAY!!! I was so happy! Man, it was really exciting! I love when people come to church. It is so awesome! Especially singles, because it starts at 8:30. Dedication right there.

The other one is dating a member, but he really wants to learn. He told us that he was praying for a way to get an "in" or for direction on how he could start learning what he needs to do to get baptized. Well I knew who he was, so we were following him to see if he would walk to his girlfriend and we could unawkwardly have her introduce us...he didn't do what I wanted so finally I just walked up to him and said, "This might sound stalkerish, but your Braxton right?" He said, "Yes." I was like, "Awesome. Well, we are the missionaries! We heard you might want to learn from us." He got so excited he was like, "YES! You just answered my prayers." It was really exciting. We set up a time to meet with him and then found out his girlfriend couldn't make it. We asked him if he wanted to change the day so she could be there and he said, "No, I don't want her to be my crutch; I am doing this for me!" That was so awesome! Man excitement!

The third is named Bianca and she is also a former investigator. Sister Watts and Sister Mitchell tried to get in contact with her, but it didn't work out...then one day we are driving along and she texts us! YAY! Yesterday she was like, "I have time today; do you want to meet?" We said..."...Ummmmmm....HECK YES WE DO!" So we went and met with her. She has had a lot going on and wants to improve her relationship with her Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. At the beginning of the lesson she said she didn't want to read the Book of Mormon, because she didn't see how it could help her and she didn't need a book. By the end she was so excited to read it! It was pretty awesome. I think she is coming to FHE tonight. That will be good! Keep your fingers crossed!

Other fun news for the week: We met a prophet...yes, a prophet...well I guess if we want to get technical he is a prophet in training. God spoke to him and told him that he would be a prophet. His name is Gary...doesn't that just sound good...Prophet Gary....yeah.....It was pretty funny he told us he did a study on Amos 3:7 and Sister Watts gets all excited and is like "OH, so do you think there could be a Prophet on the earth today?" And he yells excitedly right in her face, "I AM A PROPHET!" She then had to wipe away the spit...it was pretty much HILARIOUS! He was crazy!! I am sure that some serious amounts of drugs have been consumed in his life. Then we met another lady who was intrested and invited us in....until she wasn't interested anymore and invited us out. All in all, very productive! Yay for crazy people! They make a missionary's week exciting!

Of course the Manions would be cousins with Libby and Cori....who isn't related to Libby and Cori?! Good heavens, those women know everyone! That is exciting you got to meet them. They are really nice and we did sleep over at their house our first and second night. They have very comfortable beds...I kinda miss them now....sigh....I miss my bed...sigh...my bed here looks like a shark took multiple bits out of it...its not the most comfortable bed!! But hey, at least I have a bed.

So question for suz...can you get on my facebook and get David Folkners Address...my companionis curious if he is single and can she write him. she apparently loves nerds and he is about as nerdy as it gets! Also I personally want Bhall and Jacobs addresses....could I get those?! I need to ask for forgiveness and get them to agree to not get married for a bit...:) Another side note...Bro. Dickamore is sending me hate letters because there is no updates on the blog...so...talk to him about that :)

We are going to have another great week! I am excited! I am glad to hear that everyone is doing so well....tell McKay that under no circumstance is he allowed to get married...at all...period...end of story! I am glad his photo business is doing so good. It sounds like it is really good! That is awesome! He is so amazing! I am sad that I am missing Lauren's first football game! She is going to be so cute! I am excited for her! Good luck! Give 'em heaven! Tell Tyson I love him more than anything!

Well other than that I don't have any other news! I hope that everyone has a fantastic week! I love you all so so so so so so so so much!
Loves, hugs, and kisses,
love. Sister Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment