Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2, 2012 Letter

Dear Most Wonderful, Perfect, Kind, Sweet, Loving mother
Hi Mom! Well my week has been crazy!!!! Holy cow!! So many funny stories from just 5 days. First, I loved conference as well! I will admit it was a little sad. President Monson closed the conference and the thought hit me...thats it, thats the last time I will hear the prophets voice with my tag on. I got a little teary eyed. It was weird and sad.I loved all the talks they were amazing! Family isnt it about...time? Ok sorry lame mormon joke. I feel like God was talking to me. For some reason I have become so independent thinking on my mission. I have set all these goals and things I want to do and suddenly I started thinking I can wait for a family and all that jazz. I can have that later but some things I can only do right now! Then conference happened...and I felt guilty. We will see what happenes. Im still hanging on to my goals.

Second I am glad to hear everyone is doing so well. If you would like to hear my thoughts on everyone read Fathers email!

So there are still Elders in our Zone, just not in this ward anymore. As a matter of fact, we are only sisters in the zone. We have some damage control to do seeing as the last sisters in the zone didn't leave a very good mark on the Elders. We will see what happens.
For JaRelle: Sister Reynolds is from Orangeville UTAH! Yep another Utahn its a good thing too. We Utahns are awesome. She is alot of fun. We have had some crazy times already together which leads perfectly into my funny story moments:
First: Well we got into the area and realized our car only had 40 miles on it. Yep, that left us a whopping 10 miles a day! No good. So we got to walk alot! Which isn't an issue except for the fact that we have NO IDEA where we are! So one day we start walking in this neighborhood and we are walking down this road and we get to the end and the house we are looking for is not on it. So I whip out our handy, but sometimes incorrect map (as you will see as the story unfolds) and look at it. I perceive that the road continues across the small river. We look and lo and behold there is the road! And the river has a little path with rocks that cross it. ( I will send you pictures next week) So we cross the river and it opens up into this huge neighborhood. We were like "What the?! Where did this come from?" So we start walking down the road in constant amazement at the gianormica houses on either side of us. We contact the person we are looking for, they aren't interested. So we start walking back and on our way back we see a bridge! We are like Oh Perfect! We dont need to cross the rocks because there is a bridge. So we cross the bridge and go down this path and it opens up into....not the area we were in before...its ANOTHER gianormica neighborhood! We are like what the devil? How can all these big neighborhoods exist in this small of a space..this makes no logical sense! So we then decided we had found Narnia. We then preceded to talk to each other in British accents because that was the only logical thing to do.(please start reading the email from this point on in a British accent to add to the effect) So we look at the map realize where we are and discover that a family who has been working with their neighbors lives here. Turns out to be a good thing because now Sister Reynolds has to use the potty. So we look for the house, find it, knock...no answer...knock again....no answer. Yes they are not home. So we look at the map to find the fastest way back to our car. (this is the part where the map lies) we see a road that connects and we start walking down it. Well the road doesn't actually connect, BUT there is a path so of course we follow it. It opens up into another neighborhood...not the one we need! So rather than continue to pursue that course we decide to just turn around and retrace our steps. We start heading back and we find our way by finding a lamp post. It was just like Narnia!!!! So we cross the bridge, walk over a couple steps and cross the small rocks back into the neighborhood we originally started in (you may now stop reading in a British accent as we have now left Narnia) We got to our car finally, looked at the clock it was 6....we got there at 2. Yep 4 hours. 4 hours of being lost. It was probably the funniest 4 hours of my life...except for every hour spent with dad. :)

Well then on Sunday, Sister Reynolds once again has to pee (this is a usual occurrence for her), so we look at our GPS to find a house. We see there is a part-member family that lives pretty close by and think perfect we will kill 2 birds with one stone. Find a place to use the potty and find a new investigator score!! So we head out knowing absolutely nothing about this family but determined to find the non-member! We get to the house and knock, the dad answers the door and is super friendly we are like ok perfect, he must be the member. He invites us in and his wife comes in the room and introduces herself as Sister so and so. She is also super friendly so we start thinking, ok he just must be nice and she must be the member. Well we start going back and forth on who is who. Finally one hour later, and mission stories from both the parents we decide the map lied and they are both members. It was so funny! We sat there and debated the same things in our heads the whole time trying to decide who is who! We laughed so hard when we got into the car. It was a pretty funny day.
Well that is all I have time for! More adventures to come next week I am sure! There is never a dull moment with Sister Reynolds and I! I love you so so much mom! I think you are amazing!!
thanks for everything!!
loves loves kisses hugs!!
love you forever!!!
love. Sister bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment