Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April 9, 2012 Letter

Dear Wonderful, crafty, smart, talented, splendid, Best Mother ever,
Yes we had quite the storm here! It was so funny we were out walking around and we stopped to talk to this lady, she was very rude and said she was tying things down because there was a storm coming in. We were like hmmm mean because storm to us means thunder storm so I didnt even know why she was so worried. Then we go and knock on a members door and they are running down the stairs. They open up the door and say "What are you doing out there?!" We looked at each other and then at them and said "Going around and meeting people!" They thought we were crazy. They were like " Dont you know there is a tornado!?" We didn't. So they let us in and talk to us for a bit..yeah we thought that was funny too. And then they kicked us out and said go home and stay there! Now at this point it is raining torrential amounts of rain, we run to our car, and flip on the windshield wipers to find out...oh perfect one of them is broken! Yeah it was awesome. So we start driving home we made it alive! We walk inside and decide well I guess we better get in the closet. Oh also our phone wasnt working. We couldnt call anyone and the last phone call we received was from President Sagers looking for the Zone leaders. (I was like hello you are talking to them!) So we knew it must be slightly bad. So we grab some chips and queso and pop corn, some phamplets to personalize, our blankets and pillows and we go into our closet. Luckily for us its HUGE! So we now lovingly refer to our closet as the bunker. We finally get a call from the Zone leaders and they ask where are you? We told them our closet and they said good stay there! And hung up. So we looked at each other shrugged our shoulders and spent the next 2 hours in our closet. Its a good thing we are friends. If we werent before we would have been after the bunker. We bonded. And we survived. No tornado touch downs here I wont lie I was a little disappointed because I kinda want to be in one but Im not going to go praying for it or anything.

So I am assuming that Landon Simonsen left on his mission. I am sitting at Saturday conference and the MTC choir is singing when all of a sudden I see this kid who looks suspiciously like Landon Simonsen. So was it him or am I crazy? If so where is he going?

I am jealous that Tosha and Eric are there! I saw this little girl in one of our wards yesterday who looked like my nna. It made me miss her and then I wanted to kidnap the little girl! She was so precious! It was a close call but I didnt take her home with us.

Im glad that yall had a good easter. We had a delicious dinner...have any of you ever had Ham Jerky? Well we have! I don't think our dinner was supposed to consist of Ham Jerky but it did, we also had mashed broccoli...you know its kinda like mashed potatoes but instead they use broccoli, I dont think that was intentional either. It was probably one of the funniest dinners of my life! I was laughing so hard because the husband and kids were all mocking it as we ate. Oh man. It was good.

Mckay had better be back in Utah by the time a certain someone gets home from a certain place or else that certain someone is going to be greatly upset. End of story.

That is fun about Jarelle I will make sure to keep them in my prayers!

Thank you so much for the package! It was so stinking cute! Did you really get that stuff from Wal Mart? I am shocked!! It was adorable. I loved it all.

Well not much else is going on here. Thanks for the Pictures of Lauren. She is so pretty its disgusting! I cant wait to see her prom pictures. I bet she looks beautiful! Don't forget to send them to me! Sometimes I think I get forgotten in the hustle and bustle of ya'alls crazy lives. Ok just kidding I know I don't. How could anyone forget the favorite?!
Well I love yall so so so much! Thanks for everything mother. You are so amazing!! I love love love love you!!
loves loves hugs and kisses,
love your favorite missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment