Monday, April 16, 2012

April 16, 2012 Letter

Dear Wonderful, splendid, Impressive, fantastic, talented, crafty amazingly beautiful Mother,

Hi mom! Wow it sounds like you are crazy. What would life be like in our house if it wasnt crazy though? Could you even imagine! We go over to families houses and they always apologize for the craziness of their house and I am like dont I love craziness it makes me feel like home! I miss the craziness sometimes! Its weird the things you miss. So I want pictures of Lauren going to Prom! I want to see this oh wow! Seriously its annoying not seeing things. I feel super our of the loop. I am a sister too! Come on peeps. :)

Well we have had a crazy week. We got bashed on....ALOT. Gotta love the bashers. We had one that was super bad though! We knocked on this house and this guy answered. You could tell they were having a party so we contacted him he leaned in and asked if anyone was interested, they all said no. So we offered him a card and left. We knocked on the next house, he wasnt interested either....lame. Well we turn to leave and a couple from the previous house is standing right there. I am thinking in my head sweet maybe they are interested in learning more! We are so gonna dunk these people! Well they offer us this economic pamphlet his friend made...im pretty sure it has nothing to do with economics but anyway, they ask us so what do you believe? And Im like yes! We are super gonna dunk these people! Well I dont know why they asked because after we started talking they lady just dug into us! She told us that Joseph Smith was known for telling tall tells and that he was a liar. She said that she read on the Internet (dont ask me why they dont tell us but they will put it on the Internet!) that the higher ups in our church believe that when they die they get their own planets and their own virgins. But they dont tell us that. She just went on and on and was super rude. Finally we were just like look you have called a man that we believe to be a prophet of God a liar. Someone we respect as a servant of the Lord. I know these things are true. I know he didnt lie but that he did bring back Christs church. And we just continued to testify. It was crazy. At one point...i think it must be almost girlie time for me...I wanted to cry because she was being mean! She told us that she really hopes we search out the truth. It was stupid. We finally got out of there. it took some trying. Ps the whole time they had us cornered on someone elses front porch! And as we walked away Sister Reynolds said to me did you feel that? I said what? She said I swear I felt angels next to us. It was wow.

Another lady condemned you and Dad for teaching me the gospel. She said that it was wrong for our parents to teach us these things but that they should have let us figure our for ourselves. I was annoyed with that lady. Its ok for her to teach her kids about her religion but my parents are awful people because they taught me what they believe? Baptists......She was crazy too. She went off about Adam and Eve and sex....we were grossed out about that one.

The other great story! Man so many good stories this week...thank you tracting in the bible belt! We knocked on this guys door and he answered...he was super nasty...sorry thats not kind to say about a son of God, but he had his button up shirt hanging open with his big ol' beer belly covered in hair and the really gross gold chain. Yeah it was just not pretty. He looks at us and I can tell he was upset. We asked him how he was he waited for like 20 seconds and then answered fine. We started to say something else and he stopped us and said "ladies let me try to say this nicely. What your doing is gold proselytizing and in the Arab world you would be shot on sight if they didnt haul you of to jail and shoot you then. My property extends to the middle of that road right there. Get off it." We looked at each other said have a blessed day and got off his property! We were like oh my gosh we just got threatened! Elders say that stuff never happens to sisters...bam. We kept tracting that street until we ran into another man who yelled at us. Then we decided we needed to find a new street.

So we have had alot of craziness happen to us. Its been fun though. Those are the fun stories that you love. Thats what makes missionary work missionary work. And secretly I love it when people bash on us because 1 they just sound silly! and 2. It just reconfirms to me what is true. All these people telling me to seek out the truth and Im like I have found it! Its strange that they can tell me to seek for truth but they wont do it themselves.
Poor people. Someday they will find the truth! And then they will be happy because their family will be eternal like mine is.

That is crazy about Micahs dad! I hope Michah is doing ok, and that his dad keeps getting better.

Can I please tell you that I randomly just this moment craved an eclair from dicks.

Well mother I love you so much! I miss you like crazy. I think you are super amazing!! I loves loves you! Thanks for everything you do.

loves loves kisses hugs

love you always and forever!!

love. sister bailey....you favorite....missionary. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment