Monday, January 9, 2012

No letters :(

Hi everyone, it's JaRelle.
Just in case some of you are complaining (cough, cough, Paul-- just kidding) about me not posting, I thought I'd better let you know that there have been no letters for a few weeks.

On Christmas day we got to speak with Kiley. It was so nice to hear her bubbly voice again. She sounds so great--so happy. You can just feel her radiant personality through the phone. I love that girl so much. I don't think she knows how much I look up to her for her decision to serve a mission and be such a humble, outgoing servant of the Lord. So Christmas day was a treat for all of us to get to hear her. By far one of the best presents of the day. :)

Last week we all anticipated a letter, but it never came. It was the day after New Year's and many businesses were closed for it as a holiday since New Year's day was on a Sunday. We were all bummed, but figured that the library where she usually writes must have been closed.

This week's letter let us know that was not the case. She did actually write a letter last week, but it got deleted just as she went to send it. She was out of time so she couldn't write another one. Bummer! That happened to me the first two weeks when I got in Uruguay. Something was wacky with the Cyber there. My family started to worry. They knew I flew to Uruguay and communication stopped for three weeks before they got a letter! They actually called the mission home in Uruguay to make sure I was alive. They confirmed that I was alive and well. The mission president called me to make sure I was writing home. Luckily we got the kinks worked out and didn't miss a week after that. Hopefully we won't have any more issues with Kiley's letters. We all look forward to them and her fun stories each week. I am actually going to really miss them when she comes home. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment