Wednesday, December 21, 2011

December 19, 2011 Letter

Dear Most Wonderful beautiful crazy fun loving talented amazing inspiring Mother,

Hi mom! Merry Christmas week to you! I can't believe it is already Christmas week! There is no snow. It makes it feel very much not like Christmas. I feel like I have been waiting so long for this week and I don't know where the time went. Can you believe it's already Christmas? Good heavens time goes so fast. It kinda scares me. I cannot believe Max is already coming home! I didn't think he would be home till January. That is a touch surprising. Didn't he just leave? How fun for his family to have him home. I bet they are all very excited. I love that you just smile. It makes me think of right before David got home. Haha we were like chickens with our heads cut off! :) fun days.

I love Mckay. He is so funny! How did he get so dang cute? Who raised that kid? Honestly, I wish I could have heard his talk. Brother Dickamore said it was great. I am so glad that he is in the single's ward. I bet he just makes all the girls want to come to church :) I am glad that Lauren is doing better. She is so cute and bubbly! I love that little girl! I guess she isn't really little...but to me she always will be. Even if she is like 2 feet taller than me. So lame! Oh well who needs to be tall right? Being short is where it is at....:) Is everyone excited to be done with school for a couple weeks? Oh odd...is that weird for them to be home and not have you home? ehh...that sounds so strange to me. I am glad that you are liking work though. You are so amazing you could do anything mother! Sorry the house is crazy. Someday I will come home and mop your floors :) but it's going to be a long time so you might want to mop them before then. :) I wish I could be more helpful to you. Sorry.

That is so cute about Anna! where does she come up with these things? She is the cutest little thing! So they all have to go to the in-laws house? So lame...it's like the in-laws like their families or something. Who does that?!

Oh some business for Brother Dickamore..1. he would like my address....hmmm you never know with him. 2. please tell him I am not nuts!! And I do not speak THAT Texan. He is spreading all sorts of rumors. Gotta watch out for him. :)

Ok so the life of a missionary.....well at least this missionary....
We met some awesome new people this week who are totally going to get baptized! It will be great. Lets see who to tell you about first. Oh, well Boo left. Yeah super lame. He just up and left for Arkansas this week after his finals. It was very sad. He even ditched out on our last lesson. We were a bit saddened by it. But he took his Book of Mormon so hopefully he is reading it!

Then we have Mayo ( it was the first thing that came to me and it's not because he has a weird obsession with mayonnaise) He is awesome! He came to church last week and had some questions so a member set up an appt. with us. He is so golden. He came to church again this week! Yay! So he is awsome. We are going to dunk him. Well not us exactly, but he is going to be baptized!

The other one is named former. I think he really wants to learn and come back. Hopefully it works out. He was taught a while ago, but he fell of the the face of the planet. I am hoping that he doesn't do that again.

So we had Zone conference this week. It was so good! President Sagers always does an amazing job. I am so grateful to have him as my mission president. I learn so much from him. We got to watch 17 Miracles! I was so excited. I have been wanting to see it forever. However, it was not a movie that should be watched in a room full of people...especially a room full of elders. I was trying so hard not to cry. In the end, I couldn't keep it in. Good thing it was dark...I don't think anyone noticed. Wow. I feel like I can never complain again. And Levi Savage was so humble. Can you imagine being called out like that that many times? How amazing. It was a great movie. I loved it. You can learn so much from the example of the early saints. They were such amazing people. Sometimes I wonder if I have that much faith. How amazing.

As for other things....well....I can't think of anything exciting. Sister Lounsbury basically lost her whole wardrobe. Some days. She is so funny. She is very honest and doesn't realize what she is saying sometimes. She has told many people they are less active. I don't know if you know but some people dont take to kindly to being told they are less active. We are working on that.

Lets see what else...oh we ate at this members house this week. It was the first time I truly feared for my stomach. Lets just say it's not the most clean environment. And she made us pizza dogs. If you want to try it, I dont know you could maybe make it for Chirstmas dinner or something, it's really easy-- all you need is a hot dog bun, hot dog weenie, pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Then put it all on the bun, nuke it in the microwave for a couple seconds and whamo ready to eat! I would suggest some berry tums for dessert. Yep I had some serious heart burn after that one.

Other than that life's just normal. I wish I had more crazy stories for you but it was a pretty mundane week. Yep I did just use the word mundane.

Oh yeah I guess I should maybe tell you when I am calling huh? You might want to know that information...it's only slightly important. So I am pretty sure I will be calling you at 8:00 our time. So that would be 7:00 your time? That would be in the evening not the morning. I am pretty positive its the PMs. hahaha I just put it PMs all in capitals and it looked like PMS. I thought it was kinda funny. Pretty sure I already PMSd this month. So no worries about me being all moody on the phone. :)

Oh, so kinda funny story. Maybe it's just more weird then funny....So did I ever tell you about the book we found at a members house that told the love story of Alma the Senior? Yes someone actually wrote a romance novel about Alma. Yeah. There are no words for that. But anyways I told Sister Lounsbury about that and we laugh about it from time to time. But this morning during comp study I asked her what she studied and she told me how she was reading about the Anti-Nephi-Lehis. Then she stops telling me what she learns and says, "Then about part way through I started to think about this love story where two lamanites fall in love and she converts but he doesn't. She runs away to the land with the anti-nephi-lehis. Then of course the Lamanites come and kill them all and he joins the Lamanites because he is mad so he is killing everyone and then he gets to her. It's very tragic. He ends up converting but she dies." hahah yep. I laughed so hard. Oh dear....so all in all, I think personal study this morning was very effective.

Well family, I think that is about all the information I needed to get to you. Oh yeah, mother please don't think I am the lamest child on the earth. Although I really am. I am an awful daughter! I don't know how you can still love me. I didn't send you a birthday card!!!!!!! But I promise that I am sending you one today! I swear! I am so sorry!!!! I want you to know that I did think of you all day. And I sang happy Birthday to you in my heart...a couple times. And I thought if I was home I would get you a paces card...because you love the hamburgers so much ;) So I think the phrase, "its the thought that counts" is really applicable here. I still love you more than anything in this life!! I think you are amazing! And the best mother in the whole wide world!

I love love love love love love love love love lvoe love love love love love love you!!!!!
loves hugs and kisses,
your favorite missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment