Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September 26, 2011 Letter

Dear Most wonderful, lovingest, charitablest, beautiful, smart, funny, splendiferous Mother,
Hi Mom!! Wow, sounds like it has been a little crazy at your house. I haven't been to the Dr. yet...I will work on it. But yes, I did get the card! Thank you so much for sending it. You are amazing mother. I don't know what I would do without you. Life would be sad! Actually, I don't think life would exist without you.
I am happy for you. You were the most amazing RS pres. ever. You really showed everyone what it meant to be magnify your calling and give your all to the Lord. Even though we all murmered sometimes...ok often...I was still grateful for your example and all that you did. I know the Lord really did bless our family because of you. I can't imagine anyone more loving and Christlike than you. I feel so grateful to have been able to watch you. It always makes me want to be a better person. I always think I wish I was more like my mom. I like me, don't worry mom, but I just think you are so amazing and in my eyes the perfect example of what every woman should be. I am just glad I got to watch you in action all those times.

So funny story, you know how much I hate old people homes especially the one Bertha was in?! That was awful all those times you tricked us into going there. Well, we actually go to an old people home like that once a week now and sing. I really love it. It's so fun and you can tell the women there enjoy it. It's something I would want to do later on as well. I have learned to love the women in there even though I don't really know them. It's one of our favorite things to do. We sing hymns and folk songs and such...We sing "This Little Light of Mine" and we get really into it and so do all of them! It's so funny one lady was actually dancing in her wheel chair...hahah it was too funny! I think we might be able to invite the lady over the activities to learn the gospel. She seems pretty good and we have been builiding up a good relationship with her. She is great.

Well this week we met an awesome lady! She is the mom of 7 kids..the youngest is 10...yeah that would be awesome if we could teach them all!! But we had been trying for a while to stop by and see her. We found her in the area book. But we have always missed her. Finally, Friday night we stopped by and she was home! YAY!! So we talked to her and she told us that she doesn't know why and she can't explain it but she knows that we didn't just show up here on earth, but that we exisisted before this.....yeah...amazing. Then she said that she knows that God is a just and kind God, so he will let everyone have a chance to learn about Him after this life...ok thats it, fill up the tub! She is going to freak about the Plan of Salvation. We are so excited to teach it to her! It's going to be amazing.

So this next week we are going to be on bikes all week because our car will be in the shop. The only stinky thing is we live 7 miles outside of our area! But that's ok I think we will see alot of miracles because of this! So we are excited about it.

I loved loved the RS broadcast. It was amazing. I thought they all did such a good job. Sister Beck's made me excited to go out and do the work. It also made me decide to never stop being a missionary. I know life will get tough but we have to make time for our brothers and sisters. How sad to get too busy to worry about the welfare of one of our sisters. I think someday when we are dead it's not going to matter how many amazing accomplishments we made in this life..how much education or money we get...if we didn't help save our sisters or brothers. Right now it's so easy to do for me because I don't have to stress about anything else, but I hope I can remember that someday. I loved Sister Allred's talk about charity...that's funny, I loved the same line you did! I like how she said it's not a single act or something we give away, but a state of being. And of course keeping our covenants! I loved it because I am a covenant-maker and keeper! YAY For the temple!! I miss it lots but its ok....
I was so excited when Pres. Uchtdorf was the one speaking. He is amazing and I am convinced that every woman in the world loves him. His talk was so amazing and just what Sister Mortensen and I needed to hear. It makes me so excited for conference. We want to write the 'forget-me-nots' and put them up on our quote wall. We have a wall devoted to good things from the scriptures and prophets that lift us up and make us feel better...and some of the really funny things we say..:)

This week Sister Mortensen and I started playing a game while we walked around where we would take random things and apply them to Gospel principals..it was really fun you should try it! So we are walking and the trick is, I got to choose hers and she got to choose mine. So I gave her a hubcap..haha yeah it was tough! She thought about it for a while and then finally said "Ok, hubcaps are like sisters on missions...not really necessary...but they make the car look a whole lot better!" We got a good kick out of that!

OH....I almost forgot!! BOYMAN GOT THE PRIESTHOOD! He is now a priest and so excited! He also got his home teaching call and he and his companion went right after church to meet them all and set up appts. Man, seeing it made me so happy. I don't care if I never see another one, just seeing boyman has made up for all the hard parts. Of course its our goal to get lots but...I have loved being a part of Boyman's experience. He is an amazing example to me.

I love you so so so so much mother and I miss you! I think you are amazing!
Well anyways...that's my email from the week...man I hope I don't sound to preachy in these things...I don't mean too....
I hope Zoey starts to like little Red soon...I hope Zoey isn't feeling left out and unloved. Give her a pet and some love for me...don't worry Zoe I still love you more!!

LOVE YOU MOM!!!!!!!
loves hugs and kisses
love. sister bailey your favorite missionary in the whole world...and favorite child....hahah just kidding!! LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment