Friday, September 23, 2011

September 13, 2011 Letter

Dear Most Smartest, prettiest, funniest, happiest, most beautiful smiled Mother ever!
Hi mom. So excuse my email because for some reason I am being retarted at typing! I cant believe Sister Love is on her last transfer! i thought she had only been out 6 months when I came out. How weird. Well that is strange but fun! I am sure they are all excited to see her! Time goes by so quickly! It really is weird. I am almost to my half way mark and it really freaks me out. I dont know why but I think time goes faster when you are on a mission. I feel like I just left you! Then I look at our family picture and I realize wow it has been 8 months since I have seen my mom and dad. Or heard my mom laugh. Or heard annas sassy responses and adorable I love you too muches. Or heard Tater tot call me keke. Man its strange. I miss it all so much but I am so glad to be here. I dont understand at all how the Lord works. I feel like everything has been intensified on my mission! My testimony is alot more intense. Its like it burns inside me! I hate that people cant see how important it is. People just blow it off likes its nothing and I just want to hit them upside the head and say "cant you see this isnt nothing its everything!" Its sad. I just know so deeply that this church is true. It makes up everything of who I am. I want everyone to have this happiness and not everyone wants it. How sad for them huh? I am lucky that you taught me mom. That you lived the gospel everday of your life so that I could have it. I cant tell you how grateful I am to you and dad for that. Its the best thing in the world that you could have ever given me.

As for my glasses...I like them! Haha they are totally fake and stolen from a companion who left them when she left. But I think they make me look smarter and I get so many compliments when I wear them. Its kinda funny! Im a total poser. But they went really well with that outfit right?! That picture makes me so happy~! I have it glued and taped into my journal to always remember. That was a happy day.

I am so sad for Lauren! Is she super bummed? What is she doing about cheer? When did she find out? That is so sad. its a good thing she is tough! She is so cute and such a hard worker and just all around amazing I know that it wont set her back to long! And hey this can just give her more motivation to try out next year so she can get back the 5 months she didnt get this year! And then I can see her! Yay! I bet she is the cutest cheerleader ever.
I cant believe you yeilded to the dog! We have 2 dogs now. I never thought that would happen! Haha that is a cute name though little red. Man everything changes! Why cant it all stay the same? That is fun for McKay. He really does get whatever he wants. Its the problem when you are just that cute! Man its ridiculous how cute he is! How can you say no for long. Plus he is persisntant as the day is long! Good gravy! I am glad to hear his photo business is doing so well! I bet he is crazy busy! How does he get these all developed? Costco? Or does he just give them a Disc? How much does he charge? Is he making good money?

I miss my cute tyson. Can you tell him to stop growing for me? How tall is the kid now? He is so cute! He does everything so amazingly. It makes me jealous sometimes :) I love him lots.
Ok I laughed so hard at the Anna story! That is pretty dang funny! I can totally see her doing that! she is too smart for her own good! oh my gosh. How funny. She is too cute! I miss her! Peyton is adorable as well. Isnt she turning into a little sassy thing! Man they better w atch out! She is so cute!
I have a good family. Yall keep me laughing. I just love everyone!

Well down here it cooled off for one whole week!!! But we are 1 day from tying the record of most 100+ days in a summer. The current record is 69 and yes we are sitting at 68. Can you believe that 68 freaking days of 100+ heat! Lands it is awful! We are supposed to get some more 100 days this week so hopefully we will break it.I have to have one thing to brag about since we lost the consecutive day record by 1 day! 1 stinking day...man....that will make a girl bitter.

As for investigators....well Boyman who isnt an investigator anymore is still amazing! He even came to help clean up the church building the other day because "thats what we do" he is amazing. He is going to be translated someday I swear.

We met with JW this saturday. It went really well. He is excited to learn more and he said he would be baptized. That is always good! I think he really wants to know. I like people like that.

Gracious had us over for the first lesson and it went great. She has lots of questions and I think it might have to go slow for her. She used to be islamic...so she has to meet with President Sagers. We arent allowed to teach them with out him interviewing them first. Mostly because her family is still active and they dont take to kindly to them learning about this stuff so they could kill her..or us...no biggie right?! Haha speaking of I am glad we made it through 9-11 i was a little worried that something might happen but only because people made it sound like it might.

Anyways we got a new investigator named Irish. He is dating a member and her brother called us last night the conversation went as follows:
" Hey my sister has a friend...well I think they are dating but I dont know...and he wants to learn more about the church so could you come teach him tonight?" Us: " Tonight?!" Brother" Yeah tonight does that work?" US: "Umm heck yes it does!!! What time?" Brother:"does 7:30 work" US: " Yes yes it does!!!" Hang up phone do party dance and be happy!
So we taught him and he has such a strong desire to be better and he feels like this is really going to help him. It was pretty awesome!

Sister Mortensen and I get along pretty good still! She is alot of fun. Its crazy! oh did I tell you we are teaching all the youth the 5 missionary discussions. The stake president here asked all the full time missionaries to teach the youth and to treat them like investigators. It seems like a neat idea. So we taught some of them this week and it went really well. The family is less active and I feel like it was beneficial for them all. It was neat. I think we will see alot of really good things come from this.

Oh so in sister Baileys Creative Corner (Jarelle do not post this stuff on the internet it is only for the families entertainment!!...(JaRelle's note: I got special mommy permission to post it anyway. It's too cute NOT to share and everyone who knows Kiley will totally hear her voice in this and get a good laugh :) )
So lately I have been hearing the follow the prophet song and I thought to myself how lame is it that there isnt any for the book of mormon prophets! SOOOO....I wrote some!!! hahaha yeah I know Im a loser but here they are:
Follow the Propeht BOM Style!
*Sung to the tune of Follow the prophet*
Ok start off with Nephi of course!
Nephi was a prophet
He got beat alot
traveling with his family
the promised land they sought
Nephi Served the lord
He said he'd "Go and Do"
Faithful and Obedient
In all things was true
Ok the ending might need some work....but anyways I came up with a good one for Abinidi!
Ok here it is:
Abinidi was a prophet
he taught what was right
made the priests all angry
so they sought his life
Abinidi kept on preaching
more than they could take
So they tied him up
and burned him at the stake
Is that alittle too intense? hahaha well I kinda have one for Alma but its still in the works heres the rough draft:
Alma was a prophet
against the church he fought
til he met an angel
who told him he must stop
Alma turned around
repented every day
He served all Gods Children
taught them all His ways
haha ok so clearly I wasnt paying as much attention during sacrament meeting as I should but hey dont you think we can make alot of money of these? No not really...but hey they at least made you laugh right? I am trying to think up a good one for Captain Moroni mom. So far all I have is:
Moroni was a prophet
the wicked made him mad
so he rent his cloak
the only one he had........I dont think thats very good though...haha mostly its really lame! And moroni wasnt lame so he cant have a lame song right?
I was thinking we could even get the stipling warriors in on it
The stripling warriors were not prophets
but they were super bad!
killing all the bad guys
to protect their dads
They knew who to trust in
thanks to all their moms
Not a thing could kill them
not even atom bombs
Is the ending a little rough? Well I made it up ont he spot right now so I guess I will work on it. Anyways I hope you have the best week in the whole wide world! I think I really have something with these little songs...I dont know....I will give it some more thought
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU ALLL!!!!!!!!!!!
loves loves hugs kisses
love you so so so so so so so so so much mom!
love. Sister bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment