Thursday, October 6, 2011

October 3, 2011 Letter

Dear Most marvelous, magnificent (hahah I accidentally hit the wrong letter and started to spell nagificent...but you most certainly arent that!! haha :) ) beautiful, spiritual, leader, funniest and funnest mother in the whole wide world!

Well this week has been good! We were on bikes for most of the week. There was one road that seriously was so hilly it was ridiculous! We now call it "freaking cheeks" because we don't like it so much. But amazingly enough, we really liked biking! And we actually survived! Just some minor cuts from the pedals and a couple of misquito bites for Sister Mortensen. We are going to try and bike more. We have the most amazing members here. Sister Pegram wouldn't let us bike home late at night so she would drive us there and pick us up. I honestly don't know how to thank her. They are an amazing family and they do so much for us. I am really grateful!

I loved conference. It was amazing. I think President Monson is so funny. I love when he stood up to announce the new temples and he was like, "Hello!" I thought that was so funny! Isn't that crazy that provo is going to have 2 temples! It is so awesome! We were really excited about that! And man, Star Valley, Wyoming! WOOT WOOT!!! I want to go to that dedication too! I love when he stood up to talk and speaking of Elder Hales said, "We love you Bob." It was so funny! He is so great. I loved his talk. I thought it was really needed. I am sad we didn't get to see Elder Holland speak. I love it when he talks! I guess I will just have to wait till it comes out. But I am glad that it was good for McKay. That makes me really happy. I am so proud of my little brother and everything he does. He is an amazing boy. Aren't we lucky to have him?

Wow Suz will be 16 soon...weird!!! When did she get old? Not that it really changes anything since she is already smooching on all the boys!!! For shame!! Haha. Now it's just legal I guess. Didn't you love Sister Dalton's talk about Fathers raising daughters? I thought of my Dad the whole time. I wish I was sitting by him so I could have told him how he was everything and more that she said in her talk. I feel so grateful to have such an amazing dad. I thought a lot about when I went to the temple for the first time. It meant so much to me to have my mom and my dad there. I feel so blessed!

Oh, so President had us go onto lds.org to look at the new dress standards for sisters...so in light of upcoming holidays that you might think about buying presents for me I wanted to send this link to you so you can see how freaking cute I can look!!


JaRelle you should look at this; it is ridiculous how cute they are! It's like the new rule is sisters look cute!!! Some of those outfits were adorable. So yeah...just a thought! :)

Anyways, nothing too exciting is going on here. We were dropped by one of our investigators...it was a bummer. She chose some non-denom. church. Lame....not that the church is lame because we respect all churches...what I don't get is how they say they are non denominational...that is a denomination! Oh well....I love all churches...and all people...even though I don't think all people should have agency because they use it wrong..but that wasn't for me to decide. I just gotta support the plan...that's me, the supporter!
I am sorry to hear about Andy. Is he doing ok? That is awful! I will make sure to keep him in my prayers. That really makes me worried. Let him know I love him and am thinking of him! He is just like a little brother. How did McKay take it?

I hope Ty does good in his state cup! He is amazing! I always brag about him!

Nunny I love you!!!

Well mom, I love you more than anything! I think you are amazing and just the best mother in the whole world! How fun that you are the laurel advisor and that Lauren is goign to be a laurel! That is super fun! I loved having you in young womens with me. It was the best. You must have a very wise Bishop ;) Is that funny having dad call you to your new calling? Does he call you into the office or did he just casually tell you one night before yall went to bed, "...oh by the way Lin your going to be a new Laurel advisor." ...haha just kidding. I know he would do it all professional like. It was just a funny thought.

Oh quick funny story...so we had to use the potty one day and we were by nothing but a Kroger..so we go in and we walk into the bathroom and there is only one stall. So being the kind person I am (really I think it was just inspiration), I let Sister Mortensen go first. Well I am standing outside the door and this lady walks into the restroom. I hear some talking and then a few minutes later the lady walks out of the bathroom. A couple minutes after that Sister Mortensen walks out of the bathroom with a look of pure hatred on her face. She confronted me and said, "Why didnt you stop that lady?" I was like, "What?" She then told me how the lady walked in on her! Like full on! And then just stood there and was like, "Oh dear! Sorry." And Sister Mortensen is just chilling on the potty like yeah...She told me, " I couldn't even go after that! I still need to go!" I asked her if she wanted to go somewhere else, but she declined...oh man, I laughed so hard!! It was crazy funny!

Well anyways that's my story for the week...moral of the story here don't use the potty at Kroger!
I love you lots and lots and I miss you! I know I am amazed it has almost been 9 months as well...it's weird. I Love my mission, but I miss my mom too...Oh well, I still have plenty of time!
I LOVE YOU LOTS AND LOTS!!!!

Loves hugs and kisses
love. Sister Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment