Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Transfer One Completed!

We are so glad she got to stay in her area with her trainer. They seem to be good for each other. 1 transfer down, 11 more to go!

March 14, 2011

Dear Wonderful, Beautiful, and Best Mom EVER!!!
I am good. The transfer is over this week and I am in shock. It went by so fast! I am seriously blown away! It is interesting how that happens. Me and Sister Terry are staying here in Hewitt. We are both excited. It is kind of crazy-- only one Sister moved and that is because she is killing her companion and training a new sister! Yay for new sister!! The area she was in has a hard time with sisters due to some very disobedient sisters that were there before. So they finally closed the area to us and I dont know if they sent elders in or just left it? Sad for the sisters. It always makes me sad to hear of disobedient sisters. I just wonder why on earth are they out here? They made the choice to do it, so they should be able to follow the rules! Oh well....We have 2 sisters now who will be in their areas for 9 months!! That is insane! Half of your mission in one area! That also blows my mind. Crazy stuff mom...crazy stuff!

Hewitt is a little slow but it is a new area. I realized the other day that I am the 4th missionary to serve in this area. So we lack some of the resources that the other areas have. Such as formers, and white cards. All of the formers are the ones that personally told me and Sister Terry not to come back! Ha ha, so that makes it a little tough. We are trying to think of new ideas to find people. We really want to start involving the ward. Get them super excited about missionary work! The best people to teach are the people who have a connection with the Church already.There is so much anti down here that if they dont have a support system already when the anti comes, they say "see ya" to us. Anti...it makes me so mad!!!!! Right now we have 3 investigators...and well that is 3 more than 0 so I am happy about that! Ask Dave, McKay, JaRelle, and Dad and Eric ways that they found people to teach. What was most effective for them? We need ideas! We are open to anything. We even thought about buying some ukuleles and learning to play them, making up a song about the restorartion and modern prophets and standing on the corner singing it! Do you think that sounds good....Yeah it might not be legal.

Bryce is doing super good. It was fun to hear from him! I wrote him back on Monday and I was so excited! I loved hearing from him. He sounds happy and he loves Brazil and the people. Not so much the constant beans and rice...haha. Did you ever find Jake's address? If not, that is ok. He will find out in a few months! Haha! I hope he doesn't get mad at me! I am sad I won't be able to see them for another year after they get home, but it is worth it. I will just pray they don't get married!!

Well I love hearing from you! I love to hear the stories about what is going on in the family. I miss y'all but I am happy here. And hey, if I can make it through one transfer, I can make it through 11 more! I am starting to realize how fast it is going to go and it kinda makes me nervous. That is ok though. I love, love, love Texas. I love being a missionary. I think being a missionary turns all the things you hated before and makes them into something you love or at least can stand... like waking up early. I hated that so much before, now I can carry on a conversation with Sister Terry. I mean I don't love it, but I don't mind it too much anymore. Mondays...who likes Mondays? Missionaries do because its P-day!! Plucking my eyebrows...I hate it, but I have to do it so I look pretty always, so I dont mind doing it. Cleaning the car and apartment...I can't stand it when they are dirty! There is such a different feeling when your car and apartment are clean I love it! EFY music...come on it was lame before you got out here, now its like the awesomest music in the world! (PS, if you ever find Saturdays Warrior, me and Sister Terry would love you for life if you sent it to us...:) I guess I already love you for life and eternity so...That doesn't work!

Well I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Loves, hugs, and kisses,
Sister Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment