Monday, March 14, 2011

March 8, 2011

Sorry I am posting this so late! I actually didn't get it until last Friday, then I had some decisions to make as to whether or not I was going to post the whole letter or not. I hope you are not starting to feel betrayed, I have never left anything out before, but this letter got a little personal and told about a personal hardship of hers. Momma Linda told me to think about it and decide whether or not we should post it. After thinking about it for a few days, I decided to post the whole thing.

A mission is about learning, growing, and becoming closer to our Heavenly Father. You can see this in her letter. Missions are not all glamour and fun. They aren't just happy endings and baptisms. I am so proud of Kiley and all that she has overcome already. This letter ends her first transfer and reveals something she didn't tell us at first. But as you read it, listen to the last half of the paragraph and the great hope and determination she has already. She reminds us that we have to work to have a relationship with our Heavenly Father. That He is there to help us when we seek Him. I don't have the letter she wrote to Dad this week, but it was beautiful. :) It talked about how Mom and Dad have seen this great potential in her and how her Heavenly Father does too. But she didn't see that in herself and not until now is she realizing that. Her full potential is in her reach and she just has to believe in herself and put her trust in Heavenly Father. She is such an amazing girl, growing and learning so much about herself and this beautiful gospel. Her relationship with Heavenly Father has grown so much already and I cannot wait to see what the rest of her mission holds for her. She is so inspirational to me and her letters encourage me to increase my faith in Him.


March 8, 2011

Dear Beautiful Amazing Best Mother in the World,
Well another week has gone by! I cannot believe it is already Monday! We get transfer calls on Saturday and transfers next Wednesday. I really hope I stay here! I love Waco; it is so great. We will see! I am excited to get my letter from Bryce! I will write him back next Wednesday! I feel sad for not being a better writer to them because now I realize how great getting mail is! It is the best. McKay sent me an email with a picture attached to it of him in the Fort Worth airport. That is crazy he was there! I wish I could have seen him, but that would have made me too sad! I miss him and the rest of y'all too much! I love hearing your stories and about your week. They might sound boring or just normal to you, but to me they are the best. I love knowing that things are going good around the house that everyone is still alive. How is David doing? I keep him in my prayers. I keep everyone in my prayers! Tell Lauren that Davis is great and that she will love it! She needs to quit stressing and just go! I loved my years at Davis. I had so much fun every year! I would not have wanted to go to any other high school. You need to quit changing the house so much or I won't know what house is ours when I get home!

I really can't believe that I survived a whole transfer! I know it doesn't sound like much, but I remember my first day or second day here I looked at this Calendar we had hanging up and I realized how much time we had til one transfer was over. I looked at the calendar and then I looked at our family picture and I just started crying. I thought to myself, "How on earth can I make it 18 months? I dont think I can make it another day!" I sat there and cried and cried and cried. During companion study we prayed and then I burst into tears again and Sister Terry spent the companion study trying to comfort me. I really didn't think I could make it. I just wanted to come home. It was hard. I did get a blessing and that helped alot. Then I went to work. We erased that big calendar so I didn't have to look at all the days, and I started taking it one day at a time. Now I finished that transfer. I am here at the day I thought looked so far away at the beginning! I think that is how the rest of it will go! I just really have to focus on taking it one day at a time, because if I start looking too crazy into the future I get a little stressed! But I know I can make it. The thing I have learned so much out here is what a relationship with the Lord is really like. I thought I had a great relationship with Him at home. I look back on it now and realize that I really didn't. He really is our Heavenly Father. There are nights when I have to get on my knees and plead with Him to help me either with homesickness or fear or anything. And the crazy thing is I can feel comfort almost immediately! I know that sometimes we have to wait for our answers, but I swear when we need comfort and we believe He will give it, He will. I know that for a fact. He loves us so much. He wants to be there for us, but He can't if we dont let Him. We need to do our part to develop that relationship with Him. He knows us. He knows us better than we know oursleves. So it's not him that builds a wall between us, it is us. We need to take the time out of our constantly busy lives to get to know Him. He will help us through anything if we ask and put our trust in Him.

We had a great week. We set a baptism date with Justin and his Mom on Wednesday. They are getting baptized on the 13th. We are so excited! I cannot wait!! It was the best feeling in the whole wide world. No feeling on earth can top that feeling. Well maybe when I see them actually get baptized! Sister Terry is still great. We have a lot of fun together. I really enjoy her. I am going on my first exchange tonight! I am nervous! It will be fun though and great to learn some things from another Sister!

Well I love you too much mom. You are an amazing example to me of all that is good. I want to be just like you! I miss you so much! But it's ok because I am where I should be. Missions are the most amazing thing in the world. They are hard and they are crazy but they are amazing! I love you!!!
Loves Loves hugs kisses,
Sister Bailey
P.S. I hope that letter wasn't too lame! If it was, say so in the next letter and I will be better I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment