Monday, March 28, 2011

March 28, 2011 Letter

March 28, 2011

Dear Mom,
I am so happy I have emails this week! I can't tell you how much hearing from you means to me. When I got on last week and only had a letter from Paul Dickamore, I was so sad (not that I don't love Pauls letters, because I do! They are awesome!! He is awesome for writing me! Thank you Paul!!!) But I missed hearing from you. I wanted to cry, but I was in the library so I was brave. And plus, I didnt want Sister Terry to think I was a freak. But I was so worried about y'all. I didn't know if something had happened. Of course, I thought y'all were dead. I tend to over-exaggerate...I think it must be a family trait. :)

Well this week was good. We had alot of return appointments and taught alot on the doorsteps. Sister Terry and I were so excited. Sunday rolled around and we were so close to hitting some of our goals. By 8:00 p.m., we needed one more lesson to hit our goal and we were just pulling into the Rice's house. We had a great lesson planned for them. We were going to read 2 Nephi 31-32. It talks about Baptism and how we must ask for ourselves. We were planning on resetting their baptismal date for April 17. Well right as we put our car in park, we got a text from Justin asking if we could reschedule. This is the 4th time he has done this. So we said yes and asked what day would be best, and he said they weren't sure because they were so busy. We, of course, asked if we could plan on next Sunday and he said no because they are so busy, so he would let us know. They dropped us mom! I was so sad. We just sat in that car and were like, "What just happened?" I thought they were so solid, and I think Justin is so solid. He is an awesome kid, he just won't do anything without his mom. She is not so solid. She is so active in her other church. I am sad for them. I hate when people say no. I just want to tell them how dumb it is to say no! They are missing out on so many blessings! How can you say no to an eternal family? How can you say no to having the spirit with you always? How can you say no the the guidance of a living prophet? Sure our church has a harder path than most, but the blessings far out-weigh the hard stuff! As you can see, I'm still a little bumbed. Lame. Thats what I think. I think its lame.

Ok, Lauren is Crazy!! I am praying for her like crazy though. She is so amazing and so cute. I bet she will be awesome! Will you tell the crazy girl to just make up her mind already! Goodness, that child. She bounces around so much! I am tired thinking about it. I love her though, and I know that she will be the cutest cheerleader in the world! How does dad feel about working with her?

So y'all are going to Mexico huh? Sister Terry and I were actually contemplating the same thing last night. We were going to pack up our stuff in the car and head on down. As long as we answer the phone at night no one will know because we dont have meetings this week. So maybe we can see each other, huh? That would be neat! Luckily, the month ends this week as well, so we get a refresh on our miles 1250 oughta do it right? Ok, I will stay here. I dont want to get Heavenly Father mad at me. That always scares me.

I heard that there is a new broadway play that is sweeping the nation. Its called, The Book of Momon. Its about two 18 year-old missionaries in Africa. I heard it's, "wildly inappropriate." That sounds just like how I would picture a musical about our church! Thats certainly how I describe Saturday's Warrior. Which is awesome! We rock out to it all the time! Sister Terry doesn't sing it quite as well as Dad does, but what can you do?

Well keep us in your prayers because we sure need it! We have one investigator currently. She is skipping out on conference this weekend to go to a baptist retreat...pretty solid huh? Ok, she is solid except for that. I promise I am positive. I love it here in Texas. We hit 92 degrees on Saturday, and then 52 on Sunday. It was crazy we were sweating like crazy one day, and layering the sweaters the next. Texas is a strange place......

Well I love you TOOOOOOOOO much momma! I miss you like crazy. Yesterday in church I saw this kid leaning on his moms shoulder and she gave him a big hug and it made me miss you so much. Sure the kid was young and all, but it just made me really miss my mom hugs. Sister Terry and I talk about how that is the hardest part. Coming out here when everyone said it was hard, I thought they meant the rejection or the long days, the constant fatigue, or the lack of investigators, knocking on a billion doors and having people laugh at you, but no, none of that is hard. I don't mind any of it. The hard part is not seeing our talking to your family. You feel so lonely. Sometimes it hurts. And then I started thinking about Christ in Gethsemane. He felt all of our pains and sorrows. So if my pain is that intense and other missionaries feel that way too, He felt all of that. How awful! I cannot even imagine it. I love my Savior so much. What He did for me and for all of us is uncomprehendable. How he did it, I don't know. I feel so unworthy of it everytime I think about it. I am so grateful though. He is with me. I know it. I am grateful for my mission just because it has allowed me to get to know Him more.

I love you mommy!!!
Loves, hugs, and kisses,
Sister Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment