Thursday, March 24, 2011

Pictures of our favorite sister missionary!

Finally some pictures! She looks so beautiful and so happy. :) Missionary pictures (in my opinion) never fully capture a missionary's life. They show the fun times, the goofy times, but the spiritual times of a mission and the lessons can never be captured. One time on my mission we had a funny experience praying with a 90-year old Catholic Priest, holding hands in the middle of a busy street. It was a little weird, and I can just imagine what people were thinking as they passed by, seeing the two religions praying together in a crowded area. I wanted to have one of those "out-of-body" experiences where you could see us holding hands and praying together and my face trying to hold back laughter thinking about it! My trainer said, "Those memories are scrapbooked by Heavenly Mother." :) She was joking, but in a big way, I hope she is right. I know that we will have a "perfect remembrance" of our life on the other side, but I hope it comes with a picturebook. :) Think of all the other missionary moments Kiley is having that she would kill to have a picture of! Lessons, investigators crying when the feel the spirit, someone finally understanding that there is more, her investigator last week asking if she can have Kiley's Book of Mormon. All of these would be PRICELESS pictures and I hope Heavenly Mother is busy snapping those moments for us :)

Isn't this a gorgeous picture?! Fields as far as you can see?... oh, and the cute sister missionaries in it too. ;)


Texas Roadhouse anyone? ;)


She looks so happy! And beautiful, of course! This is her trainer, Sister Terry.


I wish I were somewhere where I needed ice-cream to cool off! I'm so tired of cold Utah weather! Isn't she funny?! I just love this girl. :)


In honor of Grandma Connie :)


Gotta love the cool "Waco" sign in the back :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree about the photos. Most of my missionary pictures look like we did little more than play. We did get a few nice ones following baptisms, however.

    I love your story about praying with the priest. In Tucson everyone we contacted always said, I'm Catholic. I go to St. Cyril's Cathedral. So ... one Sunday between our meetings we attended Catholic Mass. You shoud have seen the Priest's face when we walked in. We had a good discussion with him afterward. Little did he know that we were teaching a woman from his congregation!

    ReplyDelete