Monday, July 2, 2012

July 2, 2012 Letter


Dear Wonderful, bright, patriotic as well, lovely, sweet, happy, giving Mother,
 
Hi mom! How are you doing? Wow life sounds crazy there! That is so sad for Tyson to not have fireworks. Tell him I feel his pain. I dont get any fire works either. Its so strange to not have fire works on the 4th. Oh well we get to have fun in other ways! Just tell Tyson that it just means he gets more next year! Haha im awful.

How crazy for Lauren. I feel so sad for her arm. Its amazing how long this has been going on! Her arm issue has spanned my whole mission! That is crazy. Poor girl. I cant believe she wasnt sleeping well at night. Thats awful. I feel like not sleeping well at night is like the worst thing on earth that can happen to you. Today we were at this place and peppy music was on and sister cunningham was like "my hell would be sitting in a white room listening to this music forever." I just decided mine would be not being able to sleep at night! Deh its awful! Im glad to hear that it is helping her.

When is Jarelles baby due? That is crazy! I feel like it was just yesterday she was letting us all know she is preggler. How fun for her. Babies are so cute. And cute tosha gets to be next! Yay! I love other people having babies. I think its fun.

So who does McKay want to marry? Oh man that was weird to hear. I mean it totally makes sense its just strange to think of my little tater tot getting married. Is this because both Max and Mariah are getting married? That is so cool about the orcas! Man I so wish I could have seen them! Did he get any cool pictures? Im a little jealous. The coolest thing I have seen is a squirrel eating a REALLY stale piece of bread. Maybe I will attach a picture of it. Its pretty lagit.

Well exciting stuff from this end of the world. Lets see....Sister Cunningham is pretty cool. I like her. We have a lot of fun and she is teaching me alot. She is a hard worker. Its fun working with her. Oh we had our no car day this week and by the time we got home poor sister Cunningham had heat rash all down her legs! I felt awful! The really cool thing is she didnt complain. It was happening all day and she didnt say a word until we saw it when we got home. The Lord has given me lots of moments that have shown why Sister Cunningham is here with me. I am always grateful for those moments. She is great and has a strong testimony and is really helping me to understand how I can be even better. I like her.

Umm my book of Mormon reading is going well. I am in Alma 40 now. Its amazing to see how much the testify of the Doctrine of Christ. It really is everywhere in the Book of Mormon. We are so lucky to have another testimony of our savior to really help us understand his doctrine! I think thats what makes it so sad when people wont listen to us. They just dont understand what they are missing out on. I just wish they would listen. There is a part in Mosiah 12 when Abinidi is teaching the priests, well he is more lecturing them for the failure to teach the people, but he says "ye have not applied your hearts to understanding." And then through out the rest of the Book of Mormon we learn that we really only understand things with our hearts. Thats why being a hard hearted people is such a bad thing. Sometimes I feel like that describes the people here. They all "understand" what we teach and how wrong it is. But none of them have softened their hearts enough to really understand, if they did they wouldn't be rejecting it. They used their brains not their hearts. Its sad sometimes. But then you find those with soft hearts and it makes it all worth it. Im still searching for one here in the flo mo but I know they are here! Its fun trying to find them. Man the Book of Mormon is so cool. I love reading it. Its amazing what we can learn, and even more amazing is realizing that these are real people. They really did live. I know I knew that my whole life but I never really realized it, I guess I never "applied my heart to understanding" until now. :) I want to be like the people in the Book of Mormon. They werent perfect but they gave everything to the Lord. Pretty amazing.
I had never read the book of mormon with the intent to learn about their characters and apply it into my life. But thats what has been happening as I have read it this time. I have been able to see their characters like Nephi was so obedient, he would do anything to obey the Lord. Ammon is an amazingly hard worker. Even after he chopped off all the arms and was pretty awesome he just went to the stables and got the horses ready. I dont know there are just so many cool lessons to learn from them. They are all patient and dilligent and charitable. They all have incredible faith. I want to be like them.
Well  I think I have gone on long enough. Sorry about that!  Thanks for all you do mom you are amazing! I love you so much! My love of the Book of Mormon was found on my mission buts it stems from your love of it. I have learned so much from your example! 
I love love love love love love love lvoe lvoe love lvoe you!!! 
 
Loves loves kisses hugs
 
love. sister bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment