Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11, 2012 Letter


Dear most wonderful, happy, fun, TRUNKY, funny, amazing, lovely, person I want to be exactly like in every way Mother,
 
Hi mom! hahaha mom you are so funny. I cant believe you and dad. You are awful! And know you have to tell me where the fun trip is planned to because It will bother me more not knowing! You are awful! Maybe I only think your awful because I am really looking forward to it too. I am still working and focusing on my mission, but I m not going to lie thinking about seeing you soonish makes me really happy. I am such a bad missionary!! I try not to think  about it...but it still happens. I cant believe I only have one transfer left. Its amazing. I really never imagined it would go so fast. Its almost done. I now wonder what crazy thing dad is going to harp on me to do when I get home! For so long it has been "go on a mission ky. Your going to serve a mission." Now I can say " I did!...what now dad?!" weirdness. One time I had a dream that I got home and a week later you and dad came up to me and said "guess what?! Your going to Argentina!!!" I was like "for what?!" and you both said "to serve another mission!!!" I got super panicky inside and was like NOOOOO. Im so tired please just let me sleep! And you were both like "nope you have to go!" I was feeling all sad and I was like "well at least I dont have to go back to the MTC right?" And you were like "of course you do!! You have to learn spanish!!" I was not very happy in my dream. Does that make me the worst person in the world?! It was kinda funny. Im not going to lie thinking about that dream makes me a little nervous. Haha. 

I did get judged this morning for being the worst missionary in the world. We do our laundry at this members house and normally its just her. This lady is incredible she has 10 kids! Its crazy! They are all moved out now but one, so normally its just her. Well today all of my stuff was nasty dirty so I put on my skirt and my shoes and my big baylor bears t-shirt. I looked funny, but it was just for laundry. We show up to her house and it just so happens to be the day that everyone is there. She has this son who is home from BYU and as we walked in he just stared me down. I felt awful! I was like yes yes I do look like the worst missionary in the world right now! No this is not what I plan on wearing all day. Yep I was judged. It was no bueno. Ok it was pretty funny. Sister Reynolds and I giggled at it when we got in the car.

We had dinner the other day with this family. I love this lady. She is so funny. The first time we ever ate with them was easter dinner and she burned the ham so bad it was like we were eating ham jerky! It was so funny!! Well this time we show up and the dinner is really good. She starts preparing dessert and she is telling us about this caramel sauce she made and how she hopes it is good. Im the first person to get dessert and I am patiently waiting for everyone else and Sister M is like oh dont wait just go ahead. So I go to eat the ice cream with caramel sauce on it and I cant get my fork to break through the caramel sauce. It is seriously hard as a rock! So I finally pull it free get a little ice cream and put it in my mouth...it almost ripped all my fillings out!!! It was so funny and right as I am chewing it  trying not to cause permanent damage to my mouth she asks "Is it ok?" and I just start laughing. I couldnt keep it in. She was like "oh no it tastes awful doesnt it?" and I was like "no it would taste really good if we could eat it." She starts laughing and is like "welp Im not putting it on mine!" so she served all the rest of us caramel sauce and skipped over it on hers. Her husband started teasing her about it too, we were all laughing so hard. She is finally like "well the recipe called for cream but I was all out so I just decided to substitute it for canned milk. I thought it would be a  good substitution but it wasnt. Nope never gonna do that again." I started laughing even harder because it honestly reminded me of something you might do mom! I am still giggling about it. Oh man. So to make Sister M feel better I told her about the time you cooked my tooth into our beef stroganoff! HAHAHA do you remember that?! She felt a little better after that. 

We found out this week that we get to teach the youth in our wards. We are really excited about it. The youth are so amazing I learn a ton from them! Im excited to get to know them better and to hear all their testimonies. It is going to be really amazing.

Our investigator....Sweetheart had her boyfriend leave her this week. It has been really hard for her. He just up and left. She has been so broken hearted about it. But as we have seen her and talked to her I feel bad for not feeling sad he is gone. As I have watched her I have realized how lucky we are to have the gospel. I hear alot of people say that we cant be very happy because we are so restricted by all the rules we have, but if only they knew! God really does know what will make us happy! He gives us the commandments so we can have real happiness. Not the fake  kind the world promises. There is just so much heart break and pain that could be skipped if we simply follow the commandments God has given us. Im so grateful for the commandments. We are so blessed to have them.

Im glad to hear that everyone is doing well. Thats cute Lauren took Tyson out on a date. I have something I made for the both of them. I will send it home this week.

Well mother dearest I love you! I am glad that you are doing so good. That makes me happy. Thanks for the card and the Chick Fil A certificate. You are so nice mom. I love you and I really want to be just like you when I grow up.  Oh yeah, ways I show respect and love for Dad....I dont know. I always tell him how much I love him. I think the best way to show respect and love is to do what he asks. Just like we show our love and respect for our Heavenly Father by following his commandments. Our dad is given to us to help us grow and become the people we need to be. He sets up rules and standards to help us become that person. As we follow his rules and obey his counsel we show him that we really do love and respect him. I dont know if that makes sense at all? Sorry its just what popped into my head right then. You will do amazing speaking! I love love love you!!!
 
loves loves hugs and kisses
 
love. sister bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment