Tuesday, February 21, 2012

January 30, 2012 Letter

Dear most fantastic, splendid, wonderful, superb, hard working, wonderful example, best mother in the world!
Hi mom! Yeah we had a pretty crazy one. It was a lot of fun. P-days come and go so fast. Its crazy. I am sorry you have dads nasty cold. That sounds awful! I bet you still look beautiful though. You always look pretty mom. I am sorry. I hate not sleeping. It makes me a little crouchy. It doesnt do that for you though because you are perfect! :)
I have had a pretty crazy week. Everyone here has been getting sick as well. I am grateful I havent caught it yet! Whew! I dont like being sick. The worst is when your companion is sick. I hate that. ITs awful.
Umm ok so funny story for the week. On wednesday we are running late to catch the bus, and we couldnt miss the bus because we had district meeting and if we missed the bus we would be late. So in a state of rushing I look upstairs ( our apt. is a loft adn so we have 3 stories) and I realize that the light is still on. Im like crap we cant leave that on. So I run upstairs (another side note that is important our stairs are made out of wood, very slippery wood) and I flip the light off. Then as I run back down the stairs something happens...I honestly cannot tell you what happened....and the next thing I know I am on my bum and leg and I am falling down the stairs. It was like a giant bang and then slide slide slide slide. Yep I slid down our entire set of stairs. IT was awesome! Haha it was so funny! So Sister Bickley turns around and says are you ok? I stand up and say Yes...as I hobble down our other flight of stairs. I didnt have time to be hurt. So we run out to the bus stop just in time. Except the buses are late so we were 5 minutes early (stupid buses) and as I sat there I started laughing. Sister Bickley looks at me and is like what is so funny? I told her that every time pain shot up my leg it made me laugh because I realized I had fallen down the stairs that morning. It was quite funny. Now dont worry I am not hurt or anything. Just a pretty good bruise on my hiney and my leg. It was funny. So that is my story for the week. Yep. I knew it was going to happen. The first time I looked at those stairs and noticed how slippery they were I thought to myself I am going to fall down those some days. Self fulfilling prophecy right there.
Mayo is doing good he is working towards his baptism date. We are trying to help him recognize the spirit. I think that is his biggest problem. Carefree dropped us. It was sad. But excpected.
And then unexpected got baptized! It was unexpected. We didnt really get to teach her but she is in our ward so her baptism is technically our baptism. I am excited to get to know her better. She seems so sweet. Her baptism was amazing. The spirit was so strong. She cried the whole way through. Her story made me feel so happy as a missionary. She told me that she had taken the missionary lessons with her friend who got baptized but she didnt feel it at the time. Now a couple of years later she read the Book of Mormon and knew it was true. She wanted to be baptized. And even though her family didnt want her too, she knew that she had too. It was such a comfort as a missionary. I feel like those I teach will still come to know it is true someday. I love that! Yay for the Book of Mormon!! Yay for truth!! I love it.
Teaching is so fun. I still need to improve on it alot but I am working on it. I think it will get better.
Well those are my crazy stories for the week! Nothing to exciting. It is always crazy here. I love it thoguh. I love being a missionary. It is so hard but so worth it. Especially at 6:30 in the morning.
I love you so much mom and I am so grateful for all that you do! Thanks for everything! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you! I love you mom !!!
love you always
loves hugs and kisses
love. sister bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment