Monday, February 27, 2012

February 27, 2012 Letter

Dear wonderful, splendiferous, wowtastic, fabulouso, beautimous, best mother in the whole wide world,
Hi mom! I did get your card. I was so grateful to get it. I had a feeling you thought I didnt email til tuesday so I wasnt to mad. I just had to make sure to guilt trip you real good so it doesnt happen again. :) haha I know im an awful child. Your card was great. I love hearing about the family. It makes me so happy and it always puts my mind at ease.
We had a crazy week! It was so funny. Lets see first the serious stuff we have been teaching ex. He is doing so good! He has been working so hard to live the Word of Wisdom. I am really very proud of him. They have even been having parties at his house the past couple nights and he has either avoided it or found something else to drink. I know he will get his answer it is just a matter of time. We have had some great lessons with him. And you can tell he is really sincere. I am so excited for him. Mayo is being a pain in my rear end. Sometimes I just want to slap him. I asked President Sagers if I could...he didnt respond. I guess that is a no. Lame. But on the brightside we have found some really awesome people to teach and have some great appts. set up for this week! So next week I should have some really awesome people to talk about.
Ok now the fun weird stuff that is always bound to happen......SO.....we are walking home one night and as we are walking this guy stops us, very unusual as most people are running away from us, but anyways, he stops us and gives us this card. Then he sees the name tags. He stops. "Oh" and then gets all happy inside. Yep he thinks I am about to convert a couple of mormon missionaries....and that is where it began. "Yall are from the latter day saint church huh" "Yes we are from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints."
"Did you know that Jesus is actually God come down in human form?" I hate that. It just doesnt even make any logical sense. Especially as you read the Bible. Another thing I wonder about if Jesus is God come down in human form where was God for 34 years? I think that it would be slightly important to still have a God to keep things running smoothly, but you cant say anything like that to them because they are crazy. Well back to the story....so he continues on for a while and asks us how we believe we are saved we responded that we are saved by Grace. He didnt believe us. He continued to press the matter and we continued to answer truthfully. He was like "no I know there is something yall arent telling me about what you believe." Ok buddy believe what you want. Then he gets this hair brained idea...lets pretend like you died right now and you went to judgment. Ok.....Then he starts asking the questions. "Well" he says " What standard is God going to judge us on? Yes the 10 commandments. So what are some of the 10 commandments?" He asks. " Ummm Thou shalt have no other Gods before me!" I responded. Yes I am very proud I remember the first commandment! "ok yeah thats one...well have you ever put anything before God before?" He asks. "Well I guess at some point of my life I did." I respond truthfully. "Ok so your idolatrous" Wow he is quick to judge...but the judgments dont end there..ohhh not even close! He then whips threw a couple more commandments calling me a liar and other such names. Then he decides to get personal. " Have you ever committed adultery" He asks. How rude! "No sir I have not." I responded, politely I might say. "Well wait one second lets take a closer look. Christ said that whosoever looks upon a man and lusts after him in her heart has committed adultery with him already.So...(he looks pointedly at us) You ever lusted after anyone?" (ok originally he said a woman and I made a slight joke. I wiped my brow and said whew Im safe...he didnt think I was very funny...this is serious business here!) "Wow" I said "we are getting a little personal here." His response " Well God knows everything." "Well I think I will leave that for him to know then." I kindly replied. What kind of person asks some one if they have ever lusted after someone! What a creeper!! "Ok well then lets take a look at the facts your idolatrous, a liar, and an adulteress. Based on that do you think your going ot heaven or hell?" WOW!!! "well thank goodness for repentance." Was my response. HE didnt like that. Never in my life...no never...have I been called that! It is true there really is a first for everything! I was amazed! He then went on to insinuate that our church is led by the devil. That was kind of him. He then also told us we are going to Hell...I was like buddy join the rest of the world! He was shocked that I genuinely didnt care when he told me that! He was like "Arent you the least bit concerned that you believe in the wrong Jesus and that your eternal soul is at stake?" "Nope Im not." Ok I didnt really say it quite like that. I was trying to be tactful and not bash with this guy, not to mention it was nearing 9 o clock and I needed to be home soon. I kept trying to excuse ourselves but the crazy wouldnt let us be! Man he was crazy. I love those peoples. Well we finally did break free. It was a miracle like unto Moses parting the red sea, but we managed it. We walked quickly home laughing the whole way...while I continued to crack more jokes. Yep it was AWESOME! Thank you Texas. This is why I love the Bible Belt. He quoted a thousand misunderstood scriptures to us. It was great.
Well anyways that is my crazy story! Hopefully you enjoyed it and it all made sense. If not sorry...I will work on my writing technique later.
We also had zone conference this past week. It was so good! I learned alot. President said so many things that I needed to hear. I love the way the spirit works. We are going to work on becoming a more Zion mission. There is alot I need to do to become a zion missionary. Its going to take some work. But I am just trying to focus on one small thing at a time. I feel like its best to just pick one thing to work on and to start from there. Small and simple means right?
Well mamasita I love you so so much!! I miss you lots as well. I love looking at our family picture. I love you lots and lots!!
Tell suz that boyfriends are bad! And that she needs to tase all 27 flavors of Baskin Robbins not just the peanut butter cup!! Trust me I know...it leads to trouble! I love you!! I know I have such profound words of wisdom...love you!!
love. your favorite child! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment