Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 13, 2012 Letter

Dear most fantabulous, altruistic, benevolent, delightful, superb stunning Mother
Hi Mom!! How are you doing? I am so glad to hear that you are doing better! Dang cold sores! they sounded awful! I bet you werent that scary...except maybe if you got mad! That might be a little scary...haha just kidding. Sorry bad joke.
Well we are doing great here! We set three dates this week! It was so great. The people we are teaching are awesome! lets see Mayo is still working on the word of wisdom... and boo is back...except he isnt boo because he is no longer dating the member in our ward. Yep the broke up. So we will call him Ex now. Ex is back and is finally doing it for himself. I feel like that will make a BIG difference in his finding his answer. We also met a new girl name Anxious. She is great. It was such a miracle the way we found her. We were stopping by a potential investigator, but she wasnt home and Anxious answered the door. WE started talking to her and we asked if there were any questions she had ever wanted answered. She said yes and explained to us her question. We told her we knew the answer and asked if there was a time we could come back and teach her. She said yes and we set up a time. The lesson went so great! We found out that that day she had been praying for guidance and help and then we knocked on her door. She said that she thought that was pretty cool. We thought taht was pretty cool to! So that is exciting. I think she will be great.
It is already board week. President sagers is deciding my future this week...ech...I hate that. I really want to stay here. I am kinda worried I wont though. I guess I will let you know next week. Pray for me! :)
I am glad to hear how good everyone is doing! I will have to send the SUPER CUTE birthday boy a birthday card today! I cant believe he is almost 11. Holy cow!! He is an old foagie!! I hope he has a fun Birthday. Is he getting anything exciting?
Oh question..what are the names of McKays poly friends? Because I am serving with a crazy fun elder who is Tongan and from Salt Lake...so the odds are he is related to McKays friends. All Polys are realted. Its weird. But I told him I would find out the names and let him know. He said he would let me know if we needed to be worried or not. And he says to tell tater tot to watch out for those tongans. :)
I am sad they changed the YWs presidency. When I get back from my mission can I serve in Young Womens? That would be great. Put in a good word with the Bishop for me will you? I hear he listens to you. I have heard he has a crush on you....creeper! :)
I am refilling my prescription today. I dont think I will need more money for my prescription til may or june.... and I would tell you yes I need more money now but then I would probably spend it unwisely...like buying a hat or sweatshirt from UNT. So maybe dont put anymore in my account just yet. :) I am trying to be a good girl. Sometimes I really want to go shopping and knowing I have no money squelchs that desire. I am trying to be better with money.
Well Mother let me know if you need anythign! I am so glad that everyone is doing great. I miss the family so much! But it means alot to know that they are all good. I love being a missionary and I am so grateful that I have such great support from back home. I know there are missionaries who come out and have no support. There was one missionary who came out with Sister Mortensen, his family told him that if he got on that plane he wouldnt be their son anymore. He still did it. I think that it so amazing. Some people have so much faith. I am grateful that I have you though. I dont think I could do this with out you. I feel like everything I am I owe to you.
Oh yeah! I was going to tell you what our schedule was like since you were asking questions about that so here you go:
6:30 get up and exercise!
7 get ready, eat breakfast
8 personal study ( I love this time!!)
9 Companion study
10 am- 9 pm go out and proselyte so we stop by former investigators, potentials, less actives anything and everything to build up the church of God in the area we are serving in. Its a fun time. We get an hour for lunch and an hour for dinner.
9-9:30 we plan for the next day. where do we want to go who do we want to see? We schedule what buses we are going to take and what times we need to catch them. We set goals for the next day and plan what to study.
10:30 GO TO BED! That is a good time......
once a week we spend 3 hours planning for the whole week. So we set weekly goals and plan what we want to teach Less actives and investigators. Who we want to see, how to get more investigators...all that jazz. It is pretty exciting. oh the life of a missionary. We plan for 30 minute blocks. Someday I will send home some of my old planners and you can look through them and see how we plan. Its pretty good. I like being busy.
Well mom I love you so so much! I think that you are amazing! You are the best mother in the whole wide world!! Let me know if you need anything!!
love you always!! loves hugs and kisses
love. sister bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment