Sunday, December 4, 2011

November 28, 2011 Letter

Dear most beautiful wonderful spiritual tasteful hard working talented splendid mother,

So this stupuid computer just deleted my whole email! Yep safe to say I am pretty upset about it. There is another choice word I could use but Elder Baxter (one of the 70s)a told us that is not celestial language so I am refraining from saying it. On the bright side it wasnt long and mostly all I did was tell you about my birthday and how Sister Mortensen, bad influence that she is, made me open my presents early. Then I promptly took accountability for myself because that is what we should do. And told you that I chose to open them (though Sister Mortensen might have prompted the thoughts) and that I loved them all!! They are so stinking cute! You did a good job! I can always trust you to pick out cute things. Thank you so much for them mother. I am going to be the most stylish missionary here!

Well Denton is good! It is cold and we are in a walking/ bus area. So I was going to ask if you wouldnt mind sending me one of my coats and maybe my cute headband things that keep my ears warm and some gloves. Yes all those people who told me Texas isn't cold either lied or never lived in Northern Texas because it is ridiculously cold! We will go with they didnt live in Northern Texas because its not nice to call people liars. Especially when you have to walk around at night and the wind blows...brrr. Ok, it's only in the 50s but I just got off a summer of strait 100 degrees so anything below 80 is a touch chilly! If you wouldn't mind sending me those things it would be very much appreciated!
The other night I looked like a total loser. I had on a black long sleeved shirt, a black sweater from down east and that little black jacket you sent me for my birthday, JaRelle's scarf and a black hat. I looked emo for certain. But it's all I had in the warm department! Oh and maybe send me some brown tights to go with my brown skirts! Sorry, let me just keep tacking things on the list. And I was going to ask if maybe for Christmas Santa could bring me a black undershirt. I would be very grateful to Santa for that! :) Man I sound so ungrateful! I just get off my birthday and I am already asking for things! Sorry mom. I am very grateful and will try not to be an ingrate any more I promise! Thanks so much for all you do. I am so glad that I have a mother who is willing to do so much and help me out in so many ways! You are amazing!

My companion is good. We get along very well. She loves to read. We both lament about going to the library and not being able to touch any of the books! She is funny. God has a tendency to put me with people I wouldn't normally put myself with and then make me like them. I think He teaches me a lot of good lessons.

The ward is fun. It is so different. In case you didn't know (because I sure didn't!), Denton is home of two universities The University of Northern Texas and Texas Women University. It is so weird being in a college town. I (very gratefully!) am only cover 1 ward down here. It is amazing. It is so hard serving in two wards. It's fun being up here. We don't have a car, so we ride buses and walk everywhere. Yes, I am learning how to use the bus system! It is going to take a second. It's weird having to plan your day around bus schedules and not being able to just be like, "Lets go here!" But it's nice walking! You meet so many people and have an oppertunity to talk to so many people. Plus with the holidays I need to walk more to not gain so much weight! I can't become more morbidly obese! That would be no bueno!

We have a couple of investigators up here. I am still learning and meeting everyone so next week I might have more information but the one I do know is named...Boo. He is a member's boyfriend (hence the name Boo. Yeah, I am pretty gangster now!) He is a cool kid. They have been dating for 3 years now. We need to get him a testimony and help him see why the church is different. It's going to be fun.

So who here is excited to have another baby in the family?!?! Becuase I sure am!!! And we all need to tell JaRelle good job on following my rules. I am so excited for her and Dave to have a cute baby. I knew she would get prego. She wrote me a while back to say they were thinking about it, but decided to wait until next July. I knew it wouldn't happen. I am super happy though. Cute babies are so fun. Now at least we will have one cute cuddly baby with all the crazy toddlers!

Umm, well I dont think I have much else to say. Life is good here. I love yall so much and I miss everyone! Christmas will be weird at your house this year, but just think about next year! It is going to be crazy full! With 4 grandbabies!! yay!! I like that our family is growing. And who knows maybe McKay will have a special someone next year too (that's a weird thought). It could be a pretty full house! How fun.

Well mother I love you so very very much! You are the best mother in the world. That is why I claimed you as mine! Thanks for everything. I love love love love love love you!!!

loves hugs and kisses,
love. sister bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment