Monday, December 5, 2011

December 5, 2011 Letter

Dear Most wonderful, pretty, talented, hard working Mother

Wow! It sounds a bit crazy there. I cant believe it! Someone told me today that there had been some crazy winds in Utah. But wow. It killed the neighborhood. You have had quite the week mother. I am sorry. I am glad you have three good helpers back home to help you out. Our week has been a little crazy as well!

First thank you thank you thank you! For Sending me that coat! It has been so needed. It has been very cold here. Im sad because I had my shoes all nice and broken in and then...they get a big hole in them! I wore them yesterday in the rain...they still have not dried yet. I walked around in a puddle! But I am very proud of my holy shoes!

So last week we met this kid named Intellect. He invited us to come back and teach him on wednesday. So we get an exchange and we head out there. When we got there he was sitting in his living room and he had 2 friends with him. We were like huh ok. He told us that his friends had all just "Randomly" shown up to have a jam session...yeah right! Well as the lesson progressed more of them kept magically appearing! They are all from this church who I am pretty sure teaches anti. But anyways they were just throwing out questions at us. They were nice but I know it was an ambush situation! After a little bit Intellect was talking and he said something like "thats why I made sure my friends were here so they could help me stay in the right." oops there goes that lie! He totally invited them over! Jerk! Well you cant make fools of us because we have the Lord on our side! But anyways kinda cool part of the story we are at Lunch on friday at the institute (they do this thing every friday where they have a speaker and then lunch afterwards) so we are eating and in walks one of the kids from the wed. ambush! We will call him guiltless. So guiltless just comes waltzing in! Grabs some food says hi to us and sits down. We were like what the heck! So we start talking to him and he agrees to let us teach him after the lunch because he has more questions. So we start teaching him...wow....can you say ridiculous! As we taught him he went off about works. And how we actually dont need to do ANYTHING to be saved. Christ paid it all so we dont have to. His favorite saying of mine is "we are guiltless not sinless." So we can sin all we want and not worry because Christ took away our guilt. We dont even have to be baptized! He was trying to hard to persuade us to believe that way. It was tempting...well not really..but I could see how someone who didnt already believe in the truth would want to believe in that. No work what so ever. You dont ever feel guilty or worry because you dont have to. You are already saved! I tried to explain to him using a Dr analogy. How we want our Dr. to be educated and to do their own work. I said its like if you Dr. went to this school and everyone decided that one of them Bob was going to do all the work! He would take every test quiz and home work assingment and everyone else would get and A and would graduate. Thanks Bob! As I am explaning it Guiltlss gets a big smile on his face sighs and says "doesnt that sound great?" I was like wow you just missed the point! I explained that no it wasnt great because now when I go to him he wont have any idea! He said no because Bob is in you...no guiltless bob is not in me! There is some serious brain washing going on in that place because these people are crazy!! He is the 2 person from that church who we taught that week. By the end of the first I wanted to pull my hair out! How ridiculous! By the end of Guiltless lesson I just laughed. His was funny. The other Chick named crazy was just awful! It makes me kinda upset when they talk about the Atonement that way. I think it is so cruel and ridiculous to expect one person to take on everything! To suffer unimaginable amounts of pain, to take on everything for us. And then we dont have to do anything ...commandments irrelevant, work unneeded, baptism a fun thing you can do. Its sick.
I decided the Harlot Isabel must have belonged to this church. So she cornered Corianton laid it all out for him he thought hey that sounds nice and he went off with her. Then Dad came around and taught Corianton the truth and he realized...oh...yeah...and repented.
After our lesson with Guiltless he was like how about we just hang out you can tell me about you I will tell you about me. I will invite Intellect and everyone we can just have fun. Haha umm sorry guiltless....we cant. Oh ok. I think he feels sad for us. Poor guy. But its ok because we feel sad for him.
So that was our crazy lesson. Fun to be had in the bible belt! Yay......

Umm in other news...I dont have much. Oh yeah we met a girl she is a less active member. She has cockroaches all over her house. They come out into the light and everything. So we are sitting there talking to her and all of a sudden she grabs one of the cockroaches and paints it with her nail polish. Yep. She just sat there holding it painting it checkered with the same nail polish she uses to paint her nails with. I was pretty disgusted.....yeah.....It crawled up her arm and everything. I was like and we gotta go...see ya!

So other crazy stuff...We did it...yep we found the door to heaven. Most people dont know but its in the ghetto of Denton Texas. Pretty good hiding place if you ask me. So we are walking around this Apartment complex and all the doors are red. We get to the door we want and its white. The only white door in the whole complex. We knocked but no one answered. I guess its just not our time to go yet. I made up a great story for Sister Lounsbury about us randomly disappearing and going to heaven. She laughed. I think sometimes she thinks I am crazy. Meh I guess she would be right :)
Then that same day we are walking and we get to a part in the road where we cant walk anymore. Its on this busy overpass. So we cant go over it, cant go through it, gotta go under it. That was my personal thinking anyways. Sister Lounsbury followed mostly because she has to I think. As we are treking our way down this hill under the overpass we ran into a hobo village. No one was home. But you could tell people lived there. It was a moment that made you very grateful for what you had. We really do have alot. Then we crossed the train tracks. I taught Sister Lounsbury the trick to crossing train tracks...Dont get hit! It was quite the exciting day! There are always adventures to be had. It makes life exciting.

Well I guess im fresh out of adventures for the time being. I hope that your adventures mellow out a bit! I love yall so much! I am so grateful to have such an amazing family! I hope everything keeps going well! Thanks for everything mother! You are amazing. I have the best mom in the whole wide world I am quite certain of that fact. I love you more than anything!
loves hugs and kisses
love. sister bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment