Sunday, November 27, 2011

November 14, 2011 Letter

Dear Beautiful, amazing, talented, smart, hard working, exceptional mother,

Hi mom! Well that is exciting and crazy you are going to work! That is strange! But I am excited for you. You are amazing! They are lucky to have such a hard worker. I wish I could be more like you sometimes. I tell people all the time that if it wasn't for us holding you down, you would be translated!
The other day we made cookies for someone and we gave some of them to this kid in the singles ward who is REALLY struggling. He ate all of them and didnt give a single one to his little brother! He said they were amazing and I said you can thank my mother for that! She has had me baking cookies since I was 12! He says thank you to you mother.

That is so crazy that Kenzie is already home! That went so fast! Holy cow. I feel like she just barley left. Things seem to go so much faster on the mission. Another transfer is already almost over. Transfers are next week! I am a little nervous that I might be transfered. But I know they Lord is pretty smart and he always does what's best for me. So just like Hyrum says in the Joseph Smith movie, "Whatever happens, the Lord is in it." Yes, I know it's sad I can now quote that movie. I also do a pretty decent reenactment of The Testaments. I know y'all are all jealous! But eliminate every other movie in the world and you would have them memorized too! We watched this video during lunch one time to see if we could use it, it's called "Heavenly Father's Plan" OH MY GOODNESS! I have never laughed so hard. Look it up; you will love it! That is if you havent already seen it. Its pretty awesome so you probably have. It's Sister Mortensens favorite movie. I told her it's a close second to The Rainbow one for me. Nothing will ever top that song. I really need to see the movie. But it will have to wait.

Lets see, they asked Manilla to pray in sacrament meeting yesterday. She was so cute! Afterwards she said, "My heart is beating so hard!" Picture that in a cute Phillipino accent and you will understand what I mean by she is cute. I love her.

Did you get my letter? It had my camera sim card in it, so I sure hope you did! At the end of my sim card, I left a little something for you. It's kinda lame but oh well.

So life has been a little lame this week. I don't have anything really exciting to tell you. I am glad to hear that everyone is doing so good! Lauren sounds like a teenager and it weirds me out! I met this little kid named Cody yesterday and he is 10 just like Tyson. He made me miss Tyson so much! It was ridiculous! When we asked him what he wanted for Christmas he said an i-phone. When we asked what else he wanted he said an i-pad and then a laptop! Eek I am glad I am not buying his presents! But it made me think of little Ty By. I have a feeling "little Ty by" isnt so little anymore? Is he getting taller? I hope not. He needs to stay small always.

Lets see, we are teaching a family now. It is fun! We can call them, "the whole fam...insert dads rhyming word." Ok that's a long name how about just "the fam". Well the fam is made up of a mom, dad, 2 daughters, and a son. They are great! They are super funny! They are all there when we teach and they are all so into it! When we asked them to read the Book of Mormon the mom was like, "You're going to have to give me a week to read all of this; I have 3 kids." We thought that was awesome. As we were leaving, the little girl grabbed a Book of Mormon and just started reading it. It was amazing! We loved it. But then the epidemic of the century hit. Literally everyone in Texas is sick! I almost murdered my companion because of it. So you know how dad sounds when he sleeps without his cpap? Yeah, that was my life for the last couple weeks! I almost smothered her in her sleep! I was so tired. I would wake up all the time and stay awake for hours. I finally bought ear plugs last week. They are helping significantly and my love for my companion is returning. :) It has been so hard teaching people because everyone either has a virus or strep. All of our appts. have fallen through because of it. Thank you Satan! He is cruel. But we always win.

Well, I dont have anything more exciting to say! Just that I love you and you should go check out Mormon.org. They have some awesome profiles but there is a really cute thanksgiving Mormon message called "The Spirit of Thanksgiving." We have been showing it to everyone lately. I really love it. So you should go watch it. Maybe have dad help you find it! :) I bet you are becoming so computer literate in your new job! I am going to come home and you are going to know how to work a computer better than I do!

Well mother, I love you with all my heart and I am so glad that you are mine! Thanks so much for all your support and everything you do for me. It means so much to me I can't even tell you. I feel so happy to have you. You and dad and the rest of the fam are at the very top of my thank you list to Heavenly Father.

P.S. have you ever done a grateful prayer? It is super neat. You spend the whole prayer giving thanks and not asking for a single thing. I did one for the first time the other night and it gave me such a great feeling. I realized how much our Heavenly Father has really given us! It is amazing when we stop and realize. So I want to challenge the whole family to give a thank-you prayer during the month of November. It is amazing how much we have to be thankful for!

I love you all so very very much! I hope you have the best week ever! I love you!!!!

loves hugs and kisses
love. sister bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment