Monday, October 17, 2011

October 10, 2011 Letter

Dear Most extraordinary, tremendous, remarkable, splendid, astounding, wonderful, Beautiful Mother,

Hi mom! So sorry about that this week...but if it makes you feel any better I could hear your voice too kinda and it made me happy. I cant believe it has been so long since I have seen you or even heard you! Its really weird and what is even more weird is I feel like it has been no time at all! Thanks so much for getting that information for me though. I really needed it and I was a little stressed about how to get it.

Haha I am sad I am missing the party of Laurens 16 birthday! She sounds like she has it all under the belt! Man I wish I would have thought of that on my 16 birthday week...a meal a day...she is so funny! That girl is something else. I love it. It is so her. I really dont think I know anyone else like Lauren. Man she puts a smile on my face. I really miss her. I want some pictures of how her room turns out! I want to see it! I wish I could be there to help...now I dont get to help decorate any ones room for their 16 birthday...oh man thats the pitts...maybe pres would let me come home for the week just to help? What do you think? No probably not? Yeah that would be bad I dont think I would be able to leave again...I cant for the life of me think of how I got brave enough to leave the first time.
I got tysons email. It made me so happy. I miss him. He is such a cute boy. I love him lots. He said hes playing basketball I hope it goes good.

Well this week is transfer week! I had a huge shock...Sister Mortensen and I are staying together another transfer in Bedford! I know its pretty crazy right? Yeah I wasnt surprised at all. I think she was a little hesitant. She wants so badly to be old in the mission. She just wants time to go fast and to be done which I understand but you gotta enjoy all of it. I loved being a greenie! I still call myself one. But she is a great missionary and she works hard and we get along great!
We are meeting some good people. We met a lady who is going to let us come help her on saturday with her garage sale. She has so many questions about the plan of salvation she is awesome! And another lady has been coming to church with some members. We taught her last night and it went really well. She loves the church and feels such a difference in her life because of it. She reads the Book of Mormon every night and her and her son pray together before every meal and at night and in the morning. She loves it all. She is pretty awesome! We are super excited to teach her.

Other than that nothing too crazy is going on. Oh we met a guy at a restaurant we eat at sometimes. He sat down and talked to us the whole time we were eating. He asked lots of questions about the church and we left him with a Book of Mormon and he gave us his info. It was pretty cool. He noticed our tags and thought we were nuns! Him and another lady in the back had a bet going on who we were and what we were doing. Thats pretty funny...in the end we won because he is interested! YEAH!!

Man I cant think of any crazy stories for yall this week...I swear it shouldnt be that way. I need to start writing these things down! Yesterday we had a lesson on the family can be eternal in our gospel principals class. At the end one of the women there (who is single) asked if there were any lessons in the book for single people. I leaned forward and told her that the Law of Chastity is for single people! She only mildly laughed. Its hard being in such a family centered church. She understands the scheme of it all but its still hard to be lonely now. She is amazing though. I love single lady.
Well mother sorry this letter is lame and kinda boring! I wish I had more cool stuff...I could make up some awesome stories but who really wants fake stories right? Its the real stuff that is awesome! Keep praying for us to find good people.
I love you lots and lots and lots! I miss you a ton but its for a good cause! I love you mom! Thanks so much for everything you do for me. I am so lucky to have you.
I LOVE YOU LOTS!!!!!

loves hugs and kisses

love. sister bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment