Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 5, 2011

July 5, 2011

Dear most wonderful, fantastic, super, amazing, astonishing, and miraculous most beautiful mother in the whole world!!!

Wow, your week sounds so dang good. I am so jealous. I hate knowing that everyone is together and I am not there. I wish I was so bad! Although I don't miss butchering the trees with dad. I hate cleaning up those branches! By the end there is more being thrown away than there are on the trees! Did he get to the totem pole again? I dont know who lets dad opperate the chain saw...or anything with a blade. He always gets a little crazy with them! There is just no telling what he will do.

Thanks for boosting my self-esteem about my age. It's ok though, everyone says I look young. I get it more and more. I guess I should just be grateful for that. Yes, Sister Crossan is feeling better. It was awful sitting inside. Man that is the worst. It just wasn't worth it. Then did I tell you that I wasn't tired that night because I felt like I had been resting all day long, so I took a benadryl...or two...oh man, I slept like a rock that night! Waking up in the morning was soooo hard! Sister Crossan had taken some too and we were both just lying on our beds. We must have looked like zombies or something! It took a little while to wear off, but we made it through. We were glad it was P-day!

I am so grateful for the temple. It is so amazing! We are so lucky. I am so glad that baby Wes is ours now too! I was so sad I couldn't be there though. I wanted to see it. But it's ok, I guess being a missionary right now is important. Knowing that our family is forever brings me so much peace. I love that knowledge. I feel so lucky to have it! Your right, it does make being seperated bareable. There is a lady in the first ward who has been fighting breast cancer. This past week she was ready to be done. She is supposed to pass away sometime this week. She asked for 3 Books of Mormon to hand out. I was so amazed. So we were able to take them to her and to meet her. She is pretty amazing. She has a son who is currently serving his mission in Chile and another one preparing to go. I can't even imagine how hard this must be on their son who is out. I don't think I would stay I'm sorry to say. It takes a lot of faith. I am sure the knowledge that he will be with his mom forever is the only thing that is keeping him going. That knowledge is so amazing. We are lucky people.

We went on exchange this week and it was a nice break. Sister Hawkes came up from Killeen and spent the day with me. It was really fun! She is a cute girl. And I was happy to have a small break from all the craziness.
We also had interviews this week with President Sagers. I don't know why, but interviews scare me so bad. President Sagers is such a great President but he is a little intimidating. All of us missionaries agree. But he has a way of making me feel better as well. He asked how long I had been down here. I said at the end of the transfer it will be 6 months. He asked if I had bought a house and I said, "Yes, but it's not really furnished yet. I am trying to save up the money on my blue card." He started laughing and said. "Yeah, the funds are a little tight huh?" He asked me if I wanted to stay or go. I told him I don't care! I love it here! But I am excited to find out what else is out there in the mission field. I do love Hewitt though. The people are amazing here. I am lucky! I love the ward. It feels like home. I was looking around yesterday and realized that I could name everyone and their kids except the 2 new families.

Some cool news...we got DVD players!! Yes we now have mini portable DVD players in every missionary apartment. They are to be used during study to watch the Preach My Gospel DVDs and the other DVDs that we pass out. It is crazy. We watched PMG today and it was so fun! I love those DVDs and you really do learn a lot from them. I hope everyone uses them right.

Other than that life here is great! Nothing too crazy is going on! My investigators are crazy, sometimes they are frustrating, sometimes they are amazing. That's just the life of a missionary though. You just have to get used to it. Kinda like the heat...good heavens the heat! I never thought I would miss the cold snow of Utah, but I sure do right now!

Well Mom, I love you soo much!! You are amazing and I think you are the best mom in the whole wide world! I cannot wait to hear where Lauren Hedin is going!! Oh man, I am dying to find out! I am so excited for her. Oh and also I need Fergy Fergs address. Thanks a million billion! I am the luckiest the girl in the world!!

I love you millions!!

Loves hugs and kisses,

Love. Sister Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment