Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 25, 2011 Letter

Dear Most Wonderful, Spiritual, Loving, Smartest, Hardest Working Mother,
I am so lucky to have you as my mom. I really am a lucky girl! I don't know why I got to be so lucky. God must love me a little bit. :)

Well it's weird....I keep saying back home when I am talking about Hewitt. I love that place and I miss it like crazy. This area is really nice and we are seeing a lot of miracles. The ward members are so kind. But I feel overwhelmed. It has been a while since I haven't known anyone or the area. I feel like there is so much I need to learn. I feel like it will never happen. But I just keep telling myself that that is how I felt when I first got to Hewitt and by the end I knew that place like the back of my hand. I have hope I guess. Everyone seems so friendly. That's a perk huh?

I am in a Singles ward. It is weird...I dont know how I feel about it. Singles are weird. I found out our ward covers a lot of areas! Including part of Fort Worth, so I wondered if Cam was in the ward. How funny would it have been if I left the Denhams in Waco and had another home ward member up here in Colleyville. I didn't see him on Sunday so he must be in a different ward.

The Bedford ward has A LOT of less actives. There is a lot of work to be done there. Cool story for the week: Last night we stopped by the less active who we thought was single, but when we got there we found out he had just gotten married in December. He said he had been going to his parent's ward and his wife said she had gone with him a couple of times and that she had been given some books to read. Then she whipped out Our Search for Happiness. I was like, "You read that?" And she said, "Yeah, it only took me two days. It was really good." We were way excited and asked her if she wanted to learn more. She said yes! We set up an appointment for this Thursday. It was a miracle! We were so excited! Part-member families are really good. I have a lot of faith. She seems super solid...who knows, maybe I might actually see a baptism in my mission! :)

Sister Brewer and Sister Watts are my new companions. Sister Watts is a tender mercy from the Lord. She is so cute! We have a lot of fun together. She makes me laugh.

I love being a missionary. It is the only time I get to do this and just focus on me and the Lord...and all those other people who need to be taught the gospel. I am trying to just be happy as Elder Wirthlin said, "Come what may and love it."

Oh, I got to see S. Terry and S. Quiroz on Wednesday. It was so fun to see them! Man I miss them! S. Terry is home now too. She was freaking out! She is so funny! I love her! I am hoping Arlington and Colleyville combine for Zone Conference so I can see S. Quiroz again! She is so funny.

Well thats all my news I guess.
I am so glad to hear everyone is doing so well! Keep Suz away from the boys and McKay away from marriage...until next year..:) And Tyson--keep him away from the girls...I know how much they love him! He is just too cute.

Loves, hugs, and kisses,
love. Sister Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment