Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 2, 2011 Letter

I am so glad that her trio-companionship is going so well. I had a trio in the MTC and didn't enjoy it too much, so I'm glad that hers is going well. Her blessings from obedience are so inspiring to. It makes me think about how I can be more obedient to receive more blessings. I am with Kiley on being shocked that it is May already! We are going to be in Farmington next week during Mother's Day, so I can't wait to hear her sweet voice! I'm surprised she can only talk for 40 minutes though?... It used to be an hour. Oh well, I'm sure there is a reason for everything.



May 2, 2011

Dearest Most Wonderful Mother,

Wow, I am in shock that it is already almost Mother's Day. I am a little weirded out. I just got used to this email thing and now I get to hear your beautiful voice. Just be prepared, I might cry. I am so excited but so nervous! I don't know why I just am. I am excited to hear your voice. So I guess I will be calling you sometime between 4:45 and 5:30 our time, not your time. I think y'all are an hour behind us so it would be 3:45 to 4:30ish I think? I don't know. You will know. Be ready because we can only talk for 40 minutes max. President is really stressing that and we need to be obedient because I need alot of miracles! Speaking of miracles, we have seen alot this week! It has been amazing! Oh I guess before I get there y'all might want to know how the companion situation is going? It is actually going really well. I really love bein' in a 3some. We all get along really well and have alot of fun! It is nice to get along. I love that. Plus, I am already learning so much from them. It is nice they force me to talk. Sister Terry really liked to talk so I didn't have to do much of it, but they make me now. I guess it is good because I am going to have to learn sooner or later. We laugh alot and just have a good time! I am thankful the Lord is blessing me.

So this week we exceeded some of our goals! It was amazing! I was so grateful. So last P-day was crazy. We were so stressed packing for Sister Terry and getting the house ready that I seriously had no time to write anyone! It was insane; I thought I was going crazy. Then that night at 6:30 I realized I hadn't written Anna. I was devestated! I thought I was the worst Aunt in the world. I was crazy tempted to just write her a quick note even though it wasn't p-day anymore. I thought about it, but decided not to. She will forgive me...hopefully! All week I was a little sick about it. Whenever I would think about her, I would feel bad. But amazing things happened this week. We got 7 new investigators (more than I have ever received), we taught 19 lessons ( more than I have ever taught), and Sunday at church, I was so worried we weren't going to have any investigators when the doors opened and this lady popped her head in. I thought, "Wow she looks so familiar," and then I realized that is Troy and Sarah, our investigators! We had not been able to see them this week because they cancelled our appointment on Wednesday. Because of that, I thought for sure they wouldn't come. We hadn't even reminded them about it. But there they were. The loved Sacrament meeting, but had made plans for the rest of church because they didnt know how long it was. They promised they would stay for all 3 hours the next week and set up an appointment with us this Wednesday. It was the most amazing feeling. I smiled the whole time through sacrament meeting! I know these things happened because we were obedient. It sounds silly now feeling so awful about not writing little Anna, but I was so upset and so tempted to just write her. I kept thinking, "Well it is Monday night, its not like it's Tuesday. All day monday should be p-day anyway." But I didn't do it; I was strong and I really feel like the Lord blessed me because of that. I don't know if that sounds silly or not, but I do feel that way. The Lord blesses us when we are exactly obedient to all of his commandments. Sometiems we see people and they seem so happy even though they aren't doing what the Lord wants them to. I know that that happiness only lasts so long though. The blessings the Lord gives us for doing things even when its hard, or not the the cool thing to do, last forever. Just seeing Troy and Sara at church on Sunday made my whole week! No matter what happens, that will always be the happiest feeling for me! I have alot of faith they will be baptized though. The Lord provides! I think I have alot of prayers at home that are helping me out as well! Tell Paul thanks so much for putting my name on the Prayer Roll ( I know you do it too mom!) It helps me out alot and I see it.

Well other exciting news is...I don't know. My life is the same! I just keep on keeping on. I would never have thought it would be going this fast. Is anyone else in shock that it is already May? Doesnt it feel like January still and y'all just barley dropped me off at the curb and sped away as fast as y'all could? I think it does. Oddness.

Tell Grandma Edith thanks for the idea...I will give it some thought! She is so sweet! Haha and quite funny!

P.S I am sending a letter home with some pictures in it. Well I dont know what else to say. Things are good deep in the heart of Texas. Oh I know, did the Denhams tell y'all they are coming down here the end of May? I am having dinner with them the Friday they will be here. Hahaha, isn't that crazy! That will be weird but fun.

Well my dear, lovely mother, I love you way too much! I can't even tell you how much I love you and how grateful I am for you! You are an amazing example to me! I wish someday I can be like you! I love love love you!!!!

Loves, hugs, and kisses,
Sister Bailey

p.s. We'll Chat with you on Sunday.... :) I am excited mom. I love you! And don't forget its your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment