Monday, May 23, 2011

May 23, 2011 Letter

I think it is so funny how much she misses home cooking! :) Not that I blame her, mama Bailey does make some DELICIOUS waffles and cookies (among everything else)! She is so lucky to be close enough to get them sent to her while they still taste good too. :) She is such a good missionary. I hated it when I had investigators who thought they were past repentance stage. I once taught a murderer in my mission, and even though his sin was so serious that we couldn't address it alone, you could still see the light of the gospel help him and change him. I hope her investigator doesn't give up--he doesn't realize how close he is to feeling the powers of healing found only in the gospel.


Dear Wonderful, Beautiful, Perfect Mother,
OK now wait a minute... WHAT?! Since when is Kimmy getting married, and since when is Marilyn's daughter Jenny sick? Say what?! Wow, you really threw me through a loop there! I swear, things go on and I have no idea. I hate being out of the loop. It is awful. But I like being a missionary, so that is good huh? I am sad I am missing Tay's wedding. I want someone to send me pictures so I can see how absolutely beautiful she looks. Where are they getting married at? She is so wonderful. I love my cousin! I miss her! I need her address so I can write her. But I really do want pictures.

As for more 20-year old investigators...not quite. But we did get a 17-year old. His name is Kaleb. He is pretty devout Catholic, but he wants to read the Book of Mormon and is amazed at how similar our churches are. There is hope for him most certainly.

I am trying to think of anything else exciting that went on. I am depressed that I missed all the really good food! Now you really are going to have to send me some Scotcharoos! I have been craving them something awful! I have been craving alot of food you make, like cookies and bread and waffles! Man oh man, waffles sound so good! With your homemade strawberry jam. Haha, wow I am pathetic, huh? Oh well, some day I will get to eat those. Just be prepared for that day... you are going to be cooking a lot. Oh man, German Pancakes sound good too! I think I might be alittle hungry while I write this to you!

Umm, lets think. We have had some tense moments this week as a companionship. Haha, it can be a little interesting. We always get over them so it's ok, no worries.

We taught Chris and Keith, and after we left Keith texted us and said that he has done some things he can't even forgive himself for, so why should God? We were like, "What?!" So we went and taught him the next day, and by the time we left I think he felt alot better. It is so sad to see some people without a testimony of the atonement. I think he is coming around. They came to a YSA fireside last night. Oh man...I realized how little I miss that stuff! It was on communication in marriage. It was a little interesting, but Keith and Chris met some guys and they actually liked it. I think it was good for them. I thought parts of it were weird. I forgot how weird YSA life is. Yuck. But I do miss my YSA leaders! Like Brother Dickamore and Bishop Ross and the Hones. I loved them!

Lets see what else...man I feel kinda lame. Sorry. It is hot here! Like really hot! I dont like the humidness. I am really not looking forward to August. Oh man, it sounds bad. Sister Quiroz said I can't complain because I only have to do it once and she had to do twice. But Sister Quiroz is from Houston, so she should be used to it ! Yeah, she is from Houston. How do you like that! Crazy she came here huh? She blames her mom. She said her mom prayed for it. See mom, you should have prayed harder. Maybe I would have gone to Tooele. And Sister Quiroz has requested that I tell you she is from Mexico and is teaching me spanish. Have JaRelle translate this: "Voy a llorar y vomitar." She taught me that after we ate one dinner and then had to go to a Chinese buffet, and then had to go teach. It was awful! I am learning so much! Haha, she is so funny. I love being with her.

Sister Crossan is really great as well. We all have alot of fun. Well, I love getting your emails mom! Paul said he thinks Tyson might have passed me already! What?! He needs to stop growing, so please tell him to stop!

I love y'all so much and I miss you lots and lots! I think you are the best mother in the world! I am so glad I have you! Thanks so much for all that you do!

I love you lots and lots!

Loves, hugs, and kisses,

Love,
Sister Bailey
Oh P.S. We played football last week with the elders and I played. And I caught the ball....twice! And I got other people out! Yeah, I have some skill. Not alot, but some! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment