Monday, April 18, 2011

April 18, 2011 Letter

I just love her stories. They make my Monday so much brighter. :)


April 18, 2011

Dear Wonderful and Amazing Best Mom in the World,
Sometimes Mom I miss you...alot. Ok, all the time. The trick is just going to work and it all gets better! This week is the last week of transfers. Wow another transfer come and gone I cannot believe I have been in Waco for 3 months. It feels like a couple weeks literally!

So we really owe Brett and Lindsay Denham. When I went to fill my Synthroid, they had a tough time. First, they filled the wrong kind and when I went to look at it I was like, "This is not my medicine." So they had to re-call Smith's and find out what kind I use. Apparantly we use the name brand stuff not the generic. When I went back to get it, they told me that they were out of the name brand and could only give me three and that I had to come back the next day (Tuesday). I said ok, and went on my way. That night we were talking to our District Leader ( P.S. I had to get my shoe fixed because the buckle broke. I did that on Monday as well, but couldn't pick it up till Tuesday), so I asked him if I could pick up my shoe because it was like 20 minutes out of our area, and he said ok. I then said, "Oh and I need to get my medicine," because Walmart is out of our area as well--by like one second. It is on the wrong side of the street. (We have to get permission to leave our area every time), and he said I couldnt pick up my medicine-- that I needed a member to do it! I was so mad! I could get my shoe, but not my medicine! It was ridiculous! But I won't murmur about my leader....:( Anyway, I called Brett and asked him if he would do it. I gave him my card and he did it for me. It was so nice of them! They were funny about it and said that it was weird too. Lindsay Denham is so funny and I really like her. It's nice to be around people who have served missions because they can relate. So we owe them big time!

This week our Mission President challenged every companionship to get 6 new investigators instead of 4. Sister Terry and I worked so hard! We saw alot of miracles and were really amazed. In the end we only got 4, but that is like 4 times more then we have been getting! We were so excited!

It is fun when you are in the right place at the right time. We went to see a previous investigator and when we got there, her next door neighbor was sitting on his porch. We said hi, and he mumbled hi back. We went to the door and felt so awful that we didnt talk to him! We resolved that if he was still sitting there when we walked back, we would talk to him. So we start walking back and he was gone. We were bummed. So we are getting in the car and I said, "This might be creepy, but should we go knock on his door." Sister Terry agreed that it was creeper, but we did it anyways. We knocked and he answered and we said that we were sorry for not talking to him, but that the message we came out to share is very important and that it brings us alot of peace, hope and happiness." We talked for a second longer and then he said, "I could really use some happiness right now." He told us about how he had an accident at work that left him with some problems and that he was just divorced. It was amazing. We left with a return appt. We went back the next day and gave him the Book of Mormon and he siad he would read it before our next visit. We were so excited! It was the most amazing feeling. That is the best high in the world.

We also had interviews with president this week. We were supposed to have ours at 10:15 so we got there at 10:00 and didnt leave til 3:45. Yeah, it took that long. But when I went in for mine, President talked to me for a minute and then asked to see my planner. He looked it over and was glad to see the goals. He then said that he had talked to Sister Terry and that he was going to test me because he figured I wouldn't know the answer to the question. He then asked me if my entire afternoon failed--all my plans and all my back up plans--what would I do? I said I would look at my goals. He said, "What? Why?" And I said, "Because we set those goals prayerfully and the Lord had a plan for us to reach them. He looked at me and smiled and said, "Exactly." Out of all the missionaries he had interviewed that week (9 zones--we were one of the last ones), we were the only 2 missionaries to get it right. We talked for a second longer and he said, "I am coming out there with you." He came into the room and there were only 4 other elders left with us and the APs. He took one of their planners and did the same thing and asked the Elder what he would do. He then said they had a list of people to see and a place to tract just in case. President looked at me and said, "Sister Bailey, what would you do?" I was so embarrassed I had to answer! All of the missionaries in the room were over a year old, and here I am this little new sister and I had to tell them. It was slightly embarrassing just because I didnt want to look like the snotty new sister. Oh well, what can you do? When President asks, you have to answer. It was funny to watch the Elders when President was in there. They are normally so chill and slow moving, but when President told them to look up a scripture they moved so dang fast! It was pretty funny!

On Sunday we gave a BYD ( Bishop Youth Discussion) where all the youth go to one of the bishoprics house and they talk about something. Last night it was missionary work. It was really fun and I think the youth liked it. We had a good time. I talked a little too much; that was a little embarassing...oops. Sister Terry said she didn't notice. Oh well, we live and we learn.

Wow, I told you alot, but it was a good week! Well, I love you too much mom! Give McKay a big hug for me this week; I have a feeling it is going to be a hard one! Tell Andy good luck and that he is going to be awesome! He will love his mission. Tell him to give his all and to forget about himself.
I love you so so sososososososo much! I miss you too!
Loves hugs and kisses,
Sister Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment