Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Kiley's Last MTC Letter

On my mission, my family and other people always harassed me for writing NOVELS each week. I would just get on the computer and type as fast as I could for an hour to try to tell my family everything! I went with a bullet list of stories, experiences, and comments relating to their letters that I wanted to write about. Then I just went to town typing and it always did end up being quite long! Looks like Kiley is just like me. :) I love it though. I can't wait till our next letter in Texas to hear about her travels, first impressions, and such. I love her long letters and hope they stay this long the whole time! Since she is only in the MTC three weeks, we only get two emails from her. So this is already the end of her MTC letters! It's crazy how fast this time has went already. Anyway, here is her letter. Enjoy!
~JaRelle

January 26, 2011

Dear Mom, and the rest of the family that reads this!

Dont worry fam I will write you all your own letters. Wow this week has gone by so dang fast. I feel like I was just sitting here writing you guys last week! The crazy thing is the next time I write you I will be in TEXAS!!! Wow I am so nervous and so dang excited! It is going to be weird. We leave next Tuesday. Our plane takes off at 8 something so I have to wake up at 4:30 and report to the travel office at 5:00. Wow that sounds so awful. Everyone is talking about converting people on the plane...I sit there and sometimes think quietly that I will take an hour nap. Don't judge me! I don't always feel so tired which is great. I know I should be cutting my pill in half like Carl said but I haven't done it yet. I need the extra energy! I know the Lord is greatly blessing me with the extra that I need. Last night in the devotional I think I was sitting too long because the tiredness hit me and that feeling of needing to shake like I used to do was sweeping through me. I sat there and took deep breaths and tried to control it. It left when I got up and started moving. So that is good right?

It has been so dang long since I have typed that I am seriously so bad at it! I miss you all so much! I love getting your letters. There is one adorable little boy that I am still waiting for a letter from, but I will write him again today and give him a little lecture! :)

I am sad to hear that Laurens elbow is not doing so well anymore. Dang math, we all knew that nothing but bad things come from math!!!! I will keep her in my prayers most certainly. She is so cute I know that even if she couldn't do a cartwheel they would want her on the cheer team! It is still hard not to be able to do the things you want to!

I hope dad's surgery tomorrow goes well! I will pray for him extra hard and make sure to throw his name in on the prayer roll when I go today. I love going to the temple! It is amazing.

Things with my companion are still hard. She looks at this like war and she needs to get everyone on her side so she won't talk to me but she will talk to the other sisters in our group. I am afraid her attitude went from bad to outright attrocious! She hardly talks to me anymore. And she makes a point to be super excited to see other sisters. I don't know what to do about it. I am just trying to be positive. I have been trying to love her through service but sometimes I feel it slipping. Her negativity is hard to be around. She hangs out more with other districts than ours now. What do I do? Last night she went to bed at 1 a.m.. The light above the desk makes it hard for me to sleep but I do get some so that is nice! I know that there is something that Heavenly Father wants me to learn. I am leaning on Him so much. He is a form of great comfort. I just want to make him proud in the way that I handle the situation, but I do stupid human things. Luckily He has to love me no matter what!! Kinda like you guys!

I read in Pauls letter that Olivia Simmons got her mission call! That is crazy! How fun for her! It is weird to think that by the time she leaves I will have been out here for almost 6 months. I would have gone crazy if I had to wait till May. She must have more patience then me so the Lord trusted her more. He knew I had to leave quick or I would have thought it through and not left!

I do love it here. I go into Lessons so nervous I have no idea what I am going to say. I just want to help people see the importance of the Gospel. After the lesson I look back on it and am so grateful for the Spirit. He is the only reason our lessons go well! It is crazy! Our lessons have been good but they are slowly digressing as my companion says less and less in them. She either takes over and says everything or she sits there and stares blankly. She only really stares blankely if she feels like the ideas from the lesson came from me. I know she wishes she was the leader. I feel like she hates me. Its hard.

I need Tosha's address really bad because I have letters for her and my sweet anna! I am so happy they finally moved into their house! I bet Anna loves having her kitchen. P.S., In her car is my address for Texas. You need to call her and get it from out of that book I left in there.

Also in my bathroom is my razor stick...I kinda forgot that. It makes it hard to shave! I was also hoping you could send me some of my cute-colored, modest undershirts. They would be fun to put under some of my white shirts. So far I continue to shower and be ready faster than everyone in my room. Its amazing! I have no idea how it is happening. I swear I am really blessed!

Well my time is running out. I read your email Dad and it was amazing. I am going to hand write you, I promise! I love you and am so happy you are my daddy! Keep up the letters family; they make me smile during the day and they make me feel so much better! I miss you all! Oh also Mom, I was hoping you could send me my Citracal D. I am worried about getting my calcium and vitamin D. I know I never cared before but with my synthroid I am kinda worried. I dont know. I just hate to cut it back...I probably should though huh? What do you think?

I am so sad for Heather. Give her a hug for me. She is seriously so amazing! I can't believe how strong and genuinely happy she always is. Life can throw her curve ball after curve ball and she just smiles and doesn't complain. I should learn that right now huh?

Well I love you all! Expect some letters in the next few days!! I love you love you! I cannot tell you how grateful I am for my family. You guys are amazing and you help me so much. I don't know what I would do without you all! Thanks for being so supportive!

I love you always!!

Loves loves hugs kisses!!
Sister Bailey!!

P.S. Don't forget Tosha's address!!

1 comment:

  1. This is really a wonderful idea. I'm excited to be a part of Kiley's mission as we share her experiences together. I remember fondly the growth I gained as a missionary due to the struggles and hardships that were put in my path. It wasn't the "best 18 months of my life," (because so many wonderful things have happened since then), but it was the springboard that gave me the strength, testimony, and skills that I have today. Hurrah for sister missionaries!

    ReplyDelete