Friday, February 25, 2011

Kiley's newest letter

She is sounding so happy! I am so proud of her. I'm glad that she is laughing out the hard times. That is seriously what you have to do. For her there and as a good lesson for us here. :) Here's her letter:


February 21, 2011

Dear Mom,

So this week has been crazy. While y'all are getting snow, it is 84 degrees down here! It is hot! I didn't think it was legal for it to be this hot in February. All the schools here are still in school even though it's Presidents Day. Sister Reiher says its because the texans don't like presidents. She is funny. I think it is because they had a couple snow days and now they have to make them up. No bueno!!

So Satan is working hard against us but mine and Sister Terry's favorite saying this week is: "You can't get me down Satan." Sometimes I want to punch him in the face!!! On Tuesday, literally all of our appointments cancelled or were not there. By the end of the day, me and Sister Terry were laughing so hard. Even our service got cancelled!! It was so funny. It was the craziest day. On days like that all you can do is laugh because if you don't, you will cry! But even though this week was hard, we still saw alot of amazing miracles.

There is a part-member/less-active familly in the ward that Sister Terry has been stopping by and trying to see for the last 6 months. On Saturday we were down in the area and no one was home. We drove past the family's house and there were cars in the drive way. So we ran up to their door and guess what....they answered!!!! It was the first time they had answered their door--ever! We were so stoked! We went back on Sunday to meet with her, but she was sick. She told us she works out of town and will be back the first weekend in March. She was super nice so that is exciting. See miracles I tell you!

Sometimes when I am sitting in peoples homes I have to stop and wonder how I got there! On Friday our ward had a "Chili Chocolate cook off." (All of my favorite things.) A lot of the families brought non-member friends and that was awesome. So I am sitting there trying thousands of Chilis, debating what dessert I want, and this extremley old man, Brother Biehl (pronounced Bill), is playing the Accordian. Then he starts playing the Chicken Dance song and I look up and one lady from our ward has a chicken hat on and others are acutally doing the chicken dance, all the while eating chili. I was like what the heck!?! This is an experience I would not have had except for here. It took all I could to not start laughing out loud. There are so many strange moments like that. Or in the middle of teaching when I am just like, "Wow, how did I get here." Or I look around for the mountains and am like, "Where am I?!" But I love it.

I keep thinking about Alex Ferguson and I want her so badly to come out on a mission. I have already learned so much and one of the things is that the Lord provides. I know school is so important to her and that she doesnt know how it will work out, but if she puts her faith in the Lord, He is going to provide a way for her to do it. The experiences you gain out here are worth far more than any kind of school or career. Somebody smack her and start filling out her papers for her! We need more good sister missionaries! And hey, almost all of our sisters are going home in July so mabye she could be called to the BMW!!! That would be awesome.

Life is good. The mornings are still awful, but everyone keeps telling me I will get used to it. I hate morning time. The alarm is my enemy! Is everyone at home healthy and great? I hope so! I miss you all so much and I love you too much mom! You are the most amazing mother in the world and I know I tell you that a lot but that is because it is so true. I am so lucky to have my family. The hardest thing about being out here is just missing all of you. But the Lord helps me out so much and I am so blessed to be out here. Well keep me posted on anything that happens in the family. Did Lauren not get my letter I sent her? It had a lot of pictures in it. I hope she got it! They were for all of you.

I love you SOOOOOO MUCH mommy!!
Love you always,
Love/ Sister Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment