Thursday, November 3, 2011

October 24, 2011 Letter

Dear Wonderful, incredible, lovely, smartest, funnest, best teacher, Mother,

Don't stress about saying Kiley. Sometimes it's nice to hear. Somedays you feel like you are losing your identity. It's gotten so bad that even when I tell stories from the past I say "sister bailey" in them. Sister Mortensen always gives me a hard time. She says "there is no way your dad called you sister bailey!" Oops...haha. So I'm a loser sometimes...what can you do?

I am glad to hear that everyone is doing good! I am so glad Tyson won state cup!! He is amazing! How fun! I can't believe he assisted in the only goal! Way to be Tyson. He is such a good athlete..it's disgusting! He's the little perfect child...good at sports, freaking genius. It's ridiculous! He needs to stop being so good so the rest of us kids stop looking so bad!

That is weird that Suz is driving. I don't think I like that at all. It really weirds me out. Did you get to paint her room? How did she like it? What did she think when she walked in? Did she know it was going to happen? Did you get her surprise party like she wanted? Shes so funny. What car is Suz driving? Still McKay's jeep? And if that's the case, what car is Tater-Tot driving? I feel like so much goes on back home and I am so out of the loop. Oh well, it happens. Some day I will be back inside the loop.

What is Tater Tot up to these days? Is he still interning with Brother Thomas? (Is that the right name? For some reason I am totally blanking on his name) Or was that just a one time thing? He is so talented. It's awesome. How is school going? Does he know what he wants to major in yet? Sorry I have so many questions for you.

So funny story. Last night I had this dream that this guy came up to me and put this little snake in my hand and then very rudely said to me, "Look, will you just bless my snake?!" Then the snake started like moving its head towards me...it was disgusting and awful. So I threw it onto the counter and I turned to him and I said, " Look, I dont even have the power to bless your snake, and second, I hate snakes so I hope it dies!" Unfortunately someone else did some research and cured the snake. It was awful. I hate snakes. So that's my random story for you! I guess I should stop teasing people about me having the priesthood because now my dream people are asking me to bless snakes. That's no bueno.

Fun story as well, one of our investigators, Homeboy, had planned on coming to church this week and was really excited. Well Sunday morning we get a text from the kid who was supposed to be picking him up and he said that Homeboy would not be able to make it because the storm had blown in his window (side note: here in Texas storms are crazy!!! The Thunder is so loud McKay would die! He would be very scared. He would most certainly be sleeping with you and dad mom). We were super bummed! It's the worst when they don't come to church like they say they will. Well as Sacrament meeting is starting, Tall man (the kid who was supposed to pick up Homeboy) comes up behind us and says, "Homeboy just called. He said he can come to church so I am going to get him." We were so excited! So in the end, Homeboy came to church and he had a good experience. Moral of the story..the Lord can do anything! It was awesome to see him there. The Lord was really watching out for us yesterday! I know He loves His missionaries. Yep good stuff.

Umm other good stories...oh I know!~ So Saturday night we had this family give us a big chocolate hospital...I don't know why, but people keep giving us a lot of candy! So we decided we would be nice and share half of the chocolate hospital with the elders who live right next to us. So we call them and tell them, and on their way home they stop by to grab it. While we were talking to them, we were standing inside our doorway and they of course were outside of it, and all of a sudden one of the elders goes, "Look how big that cockroach is!" So Sister Mortensen and I lean our heads out to look at it and all of a sudden it takes off and starts flying towards us! We both screamed (I might have screamed louder than Sister Mortensen) and she runs into the apartment and I run outside of it. I ran smack dab into the Elder. I was moving so fast and so hard I actually pushed him into the railing. We (sister mortensen and I) are still freaking out because she thinks it's in her hair and I think it's in our house. When all of a sudden the elder rips this bag of candy (not the hospital another bag of candy someone gave us) out of my hands and says "there it is" He then chucks the candy at the cockroach. It missed and the cockroach scuttled off the side of the ledge. It was so funny! We were all laughing so hard. Oh man! Im just glad it didnt go inside because I would not have gone in there to get it! That thing was HUGE!!! Ohh that was funny!

So also I need to do something to ugly up Sister Mortensen. She had 3 guys hit on her in one day! One of them said she smiled nice and she was like what? I smell nice? He had an accent...it was funny. Then the next one actually cussed us out before hitting on her. So we stop by this less-active's house and there is a guy outside (it is 8:15 at night) mowing the lawn with a headlamp on his head. It was an electric mower so he had the big extension cord going. But it got caught on the cars tires. He had a friend outside with him but when we walked up the friend went inside to see if the lady would talk to us. So we are standing out there when the lawn mower yells, "I need more slack." We were like umm ok...we can help. So Sister Mortensen goes to move it and I say, "I think your stuck on the tires." he yells back that he knows that and he needs more slack still! Sister Mortensen is like what do you want me to do with this? We are both confused--there was no more slack to give him. When he all of a sudden, he yells at us and starts swearing (not missionary appropriate words) and comes over and yanks the cord out of Sister Mortensens hands and starts moving it. It is at this moment that he realizes who we are. He felt so bad! He was like, "Oh I'm sorry, I thought you were my friends." We were like umm..nope! We are the missionaries. Later that night he was like I'm going to burn for that for sure! We thought that was kinda funny. But then he made up for cussing us out by telling Sister Mortensen she has soft hands. It was funny! The joys of being a missionary. You meet all kinds of people. Luckily, as sisters we don't get cussed out much. Just hit on. I think I would prefer the cuss words. Some guys are just nasty!

Oh I got my results back. He said the dose was good. Which is good because at least he didn't say it was to high and make me go down. But there was some weird note on there about one of my things being eleveated...and chronic kidney disease...I don't know. I don't think it means anything! I will send them to you though. Other than that, life's good!

Oh I wanted to give you a heads up..even though its like a month early! So my birthday is the day after transfers...so If I end up leaving here and my package comes the day before or anything I will not be getting anything for my birthday until after Christmas. No that is presuming you are even getting me anything for my birthday. So if you do decide you want to gift me for my birthday you might want to send the package earlier. Just thought I would throw that out there. Just in case you decide you want to send me something...its completely up to you. :)

I dont think I have much else to say today. I am kinda lame this week. I am glad to hear that everyone is doing so well! I keep you all in my prayers...a lot! I love you so much mother! I think you are amazing! Im so glad Heavenly Father let me have you as my mom! I love you and everyone else too!! Love love love you!!

loves hugs and kisses,

love.sister bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment